New SE model coming out from Rocnel - and it has magnets

Just thinking out loud here ... feather artist club blades were made to be injected. Hence why you have that small bump and ledge.

Wouldn't it be awesome if they made it so you can inject the blade ?

No need to leave the blade slightly protubering, just inject a bew blade !

d7eb74b847e8b1997ca94f4b519d20cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also like the rather generous drain holes on the head - not something we've seen from Rocnel apart from on their DE-P.

As far as three piece goes I actually hope they don't go down that road for two reasons;
1) I want them to keep trying designs that are different, but also
2) when the original Rocnel-SE came out, for about $40-50, much of that lower price was, according to them, due to lower manufacturing costs making a solid one-piece head 'with a slot'.
I'm hoping that the return to this design will also see a return of a sub-$100 price tag. What is unknown is of course how much the magnets will add to the equation.

I'm rather curious to see what comes out of this. The prototype looks promising.

Here we go again with another 6-12 month release. If you are 20 years old it doesn't matter but when you get to be a senior then every hour is precious. However, the design looks very nice.

I'll be honest in that I don't quite understand the concern here.
Is it a 'bad' thing that they showed off a prototype and tried to give an estimate on when it might hit the stores?
It's not like it's a Kickstarter looking for funding or even taking pre-orders - it's just a "Some of you like our razors, this is what we're working on now"

Here we go again with another 6-12 month release. If you are 20 years old it doesn't matter but when you get to be a senior then every hour is precious. However, the design looks very nice.
well the problem of the wait can be solved very easily. Stop caring about when the newest and next greatest razor to end all razor purchases will be released. To many spend to much time ticking down the hours until that next item is released.

Just as so many people do ticking down the time to the next installment of their movie franchise, next college game, next video game release,,,,

As a Sylvester the cab driver said in the carey grant film about an angel sent to help a bishop find his way at Christmas time,

"every body i get in my cab has no idea where they are going but are in a hurry to get there. You know where yours going but aren't in a hurry at all to get there"

I have also e-mailed yourshaving and they said it's coming out in March, no quotation on the price.
Isn't it funny though, when something new is going to hit the market, we know we don't need it, but after a while we find a million reasons why we should buy it? I have four SE's including 2XRX's, also another two in the mail, but I would die before I admitted I don't desperately need the new Rocnel. The Claymore is also going to be released soon.

I'll be honest in that I don't quite understand the concern here.
Is it a 'bad' thing that they showed off a prototype and tried to give an estimate on when it might hit the stores?
It's not like it's a Kickstarter looking for funding or even taking pre-orders - it's just a "Some of you like our razors, this is what we're working on now"
Believe me I am not concerned just making an observation. As far as Kickstarter or pre-order you are correct. Especially pre-order. Pay months ahead is a ripoff by the seller.

Believe me I am not concerned just making an observation. As far as Kickstarter or pre-order you are correct. Especially pre-order. Pay months ahead is a ripoff by the seller.

This as I await my Black General that I bought on the Black Friday sale. At least I got an email from them yesterday saying it is on schedule to be delivered early January. I didn't mind as the razor got good reviews and I was working through a bunch of razors already.

However, since that time, they had a head only version of the Silver General and announced testing of a Brass one. Such is life.

Back
Top Bottom