New Valobra shaving soaps

Mr_Smartepants said:
shaving.ie has it for just over 10 quid a bar.

Ah! Thanks for that! Very useful info.

joe mcclaine said:
Now there's a soap that could tempt me.

Valobra used to make soap for Art Of Shaving and Czech & Speake ... didn't they?

These new ones certainly look like C&S.

They stopped making them for AoS some time earlier this year. Don't know if they stopped doing them for C&S. As far as I know they still do the C&S soaps. Unless you guys know something I don't.

782sirbrian said:
Mr_Smartepants said:
shaving.ie has it for just over 10 quid a bar.

Just been looking £18 something each :-/ twice the price of DR Harris for the same weight...

That's why I asked for a review first :)

Sir_eider said:
Hi mates!

Finally after one week of use I have posted my thoughts in this small review:

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-23138.html

Check it out, men!

Cheers!

Hi,
I was waiting for a complete review. Thank-you it was very informative.
Enjoy your Valobra puck and have a good weekend mate :)

Sir_eider said:
Hi mates!

Finally after one week of use I have posted my thoughts in this small review:

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-23138.html

Check it out, men!

Cheers!

Many thanks for that, sir_eider. This sort of review is not only helpful for us, but will also be of use for people who are Googling this soap for many years to come!

Does anyone know if their new soaps use the same formula (except for scent) as the Valobra stick, or is it a different product? I really like the performance of the stick but a puck could be more convenient as I end up grating the sticks anyway.

My unscented arrived yesterday and I used it this morning.

Nice performer that lathered easily. I never bothered with a "night before the morning shave" test lather, just went for it this morning with no problems.

It has a faint smell of an earthy almond, but it just smells of what it is made of with nothing added to make it smell any different, which suits me an my sinuses.

Nice skin care. I can add it to my list of "no as or balm required" soaps.

I like the plastic tub. Wooden bowls are nice to look at but I don't find them terribly practical.

Ian

Hi!

It's a very promising small boar brush but I'm still breaking in it (it's taking a long time because of its denser knot)

I'll write a small review soon comparing it with my other Semogues

Cheers!

I'm looking forward to your review!

I had a small loft 1520, that I loved, but for various reasons we parted. I've recently started again with a 1438 (essentially the same Extra 75% tops knot) and have ordered the LE Cerda along with the Mistura. I'm intrigued by the Premium 90% tops hair in the lower 50mm loft; I've also read that it's more densely packed than my 1438. Intriguing!

Back
Top Bottom