Newbie from Yaaaaarrrrkshire

samuelellis said:
no chance my xmas prezzie money is already allocated to my stupidly expensive hobby so i will be sticking with the Wilko for a while - may try some different blades in it and different shaving soaps/creme as the wilko should cope for now

a nice cheap soap to try would be palm olive shaving stick, i bought one a little while ago and was surprised how good it was

costs about £1-1.50 at most good supermarket's (and bad ones)

Might be better to learn with a cream; I'd recommend Real Shave Co. (available from Boots) or Palmolive. I'd also recoomend a beter brush; I've heard good things about the cheaper Edwin Jagger pure badger brushes and the Vulfix Grosvenor 404 mixed badger/boar model. The Body Shop synthetic might be an alternative if money is tight, though I found it less than satisfactory.

Johnus said:
Ya....shire? I'm still having trouble finding Wales. Welcome anyway!

Yorkshire - a county in Northern England divided into 3 separate "Ridings" - South, North and West. The odd spelling is based on how people from there speak. Look up Yorkshire accent on Youtube and see if you can understand what they're saying; then consider that it's much the same in terms of difficulty as it is for most of us Brits to understand a Southern hillbilly.

Interesting for an island nation with such a strong military history to have so many different accents.
Read that in the US regional accents didn't developed until after the Civil War in the 1860's. Difficult to believe.

chrisbell said:
Yorkshire - a county in Northern England divided into 3 separate "Ridings" - South, North and West. The odd spelling is based on how people from there speak. Look up Yorkshire accent on Youtube and see if you can understand what they're saying; then consider that it's much the same in terms of difficulty as it is for most of us Brits to understand a Southern hillbilly.

No more difficult to understand than any strong regional accent IMHO and I speak as a Yorkshireman who has lived all over the country.

Back
Top Bottom