November 2016 acquisitions

c9bbc8c1c7ce27b6e817ed74bc8b2e04.jpg

Some early bday presents [emoji4]has anyone else found the Saponificio Varesino "70th Anniversary" After Shave Lotion nearly impossible to get out? Or is mine off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c9bbc8c1c7ce27b6e817ed74bc8b2e04.jpg

Some early bday presents [emoji4]has anyone else found the Saponificio Varesino "70th Anniversary" After Shave Lotion nearly impossible to get out? Or is mine off?

Yes, I had a bottle of Saponificio Varesino "70th Anniversary" After Shave Lotion in which the content got a bit jelly-like.
I managed to mix it up a bit using a small wooden pin. After this, long and hefty shaking got the consistence back to normal, scent was OK. Now I normally give the bottle a short shake just when I open my den, this helps to keep the lotion liquid.
Try also to check the label, if I recall right, there is a note that you should shake the product before use.

Marco

Yes, I had a bottle of Saponificio Varesino "70th Anniversary" After Shave Lotion in which the content got a bit jelly-like.
I managed to mix it up a bit using a small wooden pin. After this, long and hefty shaking got the consistence back to normal, scent was OK. Now I normally give the bottle a short shake just when I open my den, this helps to keep the lotion liquid.
Try also to check the label, if I recall right, there is a note that you should shake the product before use.

Marco

Thanks I did find after shaking it was slightly better. I contacted shave lounge about it and they have said it shouldn't be like that and are sending a new one.

Saw this fellow on the Bay and, having fancied dipping my toe into OC land, acquired it. You guys will hopefully help, but I reckon it's an English Gillette New? Dunno about length of comb, etc. Not bad condition, little bit plate loss and tarnish here and there, but nothing that should affect the shave.
View attachment 22381
View attachment 22382
View attachment 22383
I got one the same from eBay too, mine has more plate loss than yours but it cleaned up nicely and has shaved OK so far.

I think they are this one here:

http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/The NEW/1946 (R2 on blade) NEW England.JPG

But no idea of what age they might actually be.

New1.JPG New2.JPG

Saw this fellow on the Bay and, having fancied dipping my toe into OC land, acquired it. You guys will hopefully help, but I reckon it's an English Gillette New? Dunno about length of comb, etc. Not bad condition, little bit plate loss and tarnish here and there, but nothing that should affect the shave.
View attachment 22381
View attachment 22382
View attachment 22383
The notches on the baseplate look unique. Otherwise it looks like the one I just sold here: http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/com...ed-gillette-new-flat-bottom-travel-set.41146/

Back
Top Bottom