November 2016 acquisitions

a45ee1b31b3317549010f6242ddbc6f2.jpg

Took advantage of the offer on tobs website the other day, free delivery and free tube of coconut shave cream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are sadly unable to stock US products at the moment as they are not EU certified - who knows what Brexit may bring though!
Yeah, probably a whacking extra tax from the President elect as well. I know this has been done to death but remind me is there actually a legal restriction on these products being sold online and posted within the UK or is it just something that came about and vendors are frightened to lose some customers who would normally buy from them who wouldn't on a basis of principle after the fact?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It appears that all products imported and then sold in the U.K. require EU certification before they can be imported and sold and, sadly, this is far too expensive for most artisan suppliers, i.e. Those who you would want us to stock.

It seems ok to import them for an individual to use themselves. We have spoken to a number of manufacturers and are aware of a few who are considering or going through the process of getting the right EU certifications and hopefully some of these may appear soon!

At he moment it's ok to import things manufactured and sold in the EU, but of course post Brexit completion this could all change, maybe it is good time to stock in on the EU manufactured products now!

View attachment 22145

1970 Gillette (Knack) slim twist, with blue handle.
I acquired one of these recently, almost by accident. It came as part of a bundled deal, with the Gillette Slim Adjustable being the real reason for the purchase.

I snuck in a few shaves with the Knack over the last few days, and I've got to say that it is a very positive little razor. Why?

1. People tend to be critical of the plastic. I think it lends itself to being a bit of a retro, 1970s style design classic. I think they look very cool.

2. It has more weight to it than I thought. Not a heavy razor, but it feels "there" in the hand and has a handle that feels neither too long nor too short.

3. It takes 3 passes, but I've had two really excellent shaves from it. The closest shave ever? No, but certainly very close indeed.

4. Ease of use is as high as one could imagine. This thing runs across your face in no time at all. You can really get a shave done with this quickly without having to take undue care. I've enormous confidence with this razor.

This is razor is a safe pair of hands type razor. Perfect for before a job interview when you don't want any nicks, or for when you need a good shave done in a hurry. I doubt it is going to be many people's favorite razor out of so many options out there, but I am very pleased to have one of these in my possession. People often suggest the Tech as an ideal beginners razor, but this fits the bill equally as well, plus it has a role even when your shaving skills are a bit more developed.

I acquired one of these recently, almost by accident. It came as part of a bundled deal, with the Gillette Slim Adjustable being the real reason for the purchase.

I snuck in a few shaves with the Knack over the last few days, and I've got to say that it is a very positive little razor. Why?

1. People tend to be critical of the plastic. I think it lends itself to being a bit of a retro, 1970s style design classic. I think they look very cool.

2. It has more weight to it than I thought. Not a heavy razor, but it feels "there" in the hand and has a handle that feels neither too long nor too short.

3. It takes 3 passes, but I've had two really excellent shaves from it. The closest shave ever? No, but certainly very close indeed.

4. Ease of use is as high as one could imagine. This thing runs across your face in no time at all. You can really get a shave done with this quickly without having to take undue care. I've enormous confidence with this razor.

This is razor is a safe pair of hands type razor. Perfect for before a job interview when you don't want any nicks, or for when you need a good shave done in a hurry. I doubt it is going to be many people's favorite razor out of so many options out there, but I am very pleased to have one of these in my possession. People often suggest the Tech as an ideal beginners razor, but this fits the bill equally as well, plus it has a role even when your shaving skills are a bit more developed.
[emoji4]
Glad you agree. Ive been enjoying the razor since and have to say I love it now. I only have two gillettes, the other is an aluminium tech. So have to say the knack is now my favourite gillette, which I own. My only other razor is a parker 96r and I find the knack more fun and gives a lovely finish on my face. A bit of burn on my neck but thats down to my rubbish technique and experimenting with different blades.
I like the weight and find it very top heavy, which helps with letting the razor do the work and not applying any pressure. Think I forget that when I get to the neck and find it hard at different angles. More practise needed, shame I have to wait for my whiskers to grow in between.

Last edited:
Im after some old skool aftershaves, had a look out in boots and asda today.
Brut £4
Boots 3 for 2
'Tis a start, to add to my Clubman Bay Rum [emoji106]

253da4c1484e52610182988a05bfee5f.jpg

9e608c6a5b50244b690ee9fba79bf524.jpg

Not sure about the Freshwood.
Kind of reminds me of the blokes in the holiday club bars, late 80s

Like the Bay Rum, not as christmasy as clubmans.

Brut, reminds me of being 15, dancing around my mates room to The Shamen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom