November 2016 acquisitions

Love the look of that razor, old but could pass as a new design with ease.
Thanks Paul. It does have a sort of timeless look. I'm going through a real SE thing just now; between the injectors and 1912s. Not at the expense of DE, though. Just adopting a more catholic approach.

Looking forward to giving this one a whirl soon (not today, though; still presentable from last night's G8 experience :)).

Arrived this morning...a Gem Heavy Flat Top (a.k.a. erroneously the 'G-Bar')
View attachment 21698
View attachment 21699
View attachment 21700

I'm fairly certain that LA shaving used the GEM HFT to represent "SE razor" on their Holy-razor-trinity logo:
r8cnic.jpg

Received this lot in the mail.
Some nice things..and some meh.

The Good:
2duh5h.jpg

The Eversharp/Schick Hydromatic is still in it's wrapper (on top of a vintage tube of Palmolive shaving cream that I might actually try as I've seen some posts about the fact that these actually tends to still perform really well...) so the razor is in new condition.
dmzml2.jpg

The two SEs looks great;
29mucsz.jpg

ivv7z6.jpg

What I mostly bought the lot for was the Schick Type A with the gold bands.
I do have one of these already but this one is, albeit a bit dirty, in even better condition and should clean up really well.
I've actually only ever seen three or four of this model so I assume they are rather rare.
11s0axl.jpg

The Personna 74 blade pack turned out to be full - so that's good. Never tried this blade before

It also came with what I think is a Gillette New "Federal" case.
I don't see too many of them so that was a nice bonus. Now I need to figure out if I have a razor that will be appropriate for it...
1q343l.jpg

The 'Meh'
- The Gillette Slim (H2 I think) is mechanically very sound but in very much user condition and I already have a few.
- Not a 'blade collector' so the other vintage blades are of no interest.
- The brush had a crack and looks overall pretty funky so it ended up in the bin.
- The Schick injector in case is kinda meh
- The Rolls Razor case and strop/hone are nice but the blade is so-so and I think there's an issue with the handle maybe

Was it all worth $90? Well, I think so. We'll see I guess when I get around to selling stuff I don't want it..uh..2024..

Received this lot in the mail.
Some nice things..and some meh.

The Good:
2duh5h.jpg

The Eversharp/Schick Hydromatic is still in it's wrapper (on top of a vintage tube of Palmolive shaving cream that I might actually try as I've seen some posts about the fact that these actually tends to still perform really well...) so the razor is in new condition.
dmzml2.jpg

The two SEs looks great;
29mucsz.jpg

ivv7z6.jpg

What I mostly bought the lot for was the Schick Type A with the gold bands.
I do have one of these already but this one is, albeit a bit dirty, in even better condition and should clean up really well.
I've actually only ever seen three or four of this model so I assume they are rather rare.
11s0axl.jpg

The Personna 74 blade pack turned out to be full - so that's good. Never tried this blade before

It also came with what I think is a Gillette New "Federal" case.
I don't see too many of them so that was a nice bonus. Now I need to figure out if I have a razor that will be appropriate for it...
1q343l.jpg

The 'Meh'
- The Gillette Slim (H2 I think) is mechanically very sound but in very much user condition and I already have a few.
- Not a 'blade collector' so the other vintage blades are of no interest.
- The brush had a crack and looks overall pretty funky so it ended up in the bin.
- The Schick injector in case is kinda meh
- The Rolls Razor case and strop/hone are nice but the blade is so-so and I think there's an issue with the handle maybe

Was it all worth $90? Well, I think so. We'll see I guess when I get around to selling stuff I don't want it..uh..2024..
That type A is fantastic, never seen one before, great find.

Back
Top Bottom