November Acquisitions

Most of the Yaqi are amazing, as they are made by Master Soap Creations. They arent as cheap as they used to be but they are very good. Don’t get their own brand sandalwood though it was made on their own before they partnered up and is dreadful!
Yep, that's the one I was looking at - thanks for the heads up, maybe I'll just stay witn Proraso!

More vintage Boots goodies!

ADCreHdOVOuXEnLzNfhBZILBxEQdr9ywpKTHf1zURBgwMhEuM3w9jIjKtdJ6EFtnsQCQsSF7LekPxImerfLia_w2nQs86gPzS8brr82dp-aGxxnabMOZnjVwMQWnTyC-v2fmNR8yTo34TVblZo_kT06l7acdiQ=w1200

I bought a ceramic Boots II razor just a few weeks ago. Typical! I also have the ceramic dish which is home to the very lovely Savonniere du Moulin so nice to have another with a box-fresh push of period Boots soap. What I really bought it for was the brush ...

... which, after a soak and a test lather with proper MWF (as I do with all my new piggies) I am very happy to say it's a wonderful brush! Super bloom while lathering and with little loss of backbone and scritch, otherwise quite old-fashioned feeling. Certainly different to Omega or Semogue and not as floppy as many today.

Very happy!

Last edited:
More vintage Boots goodies!

ADCreHdOVOuXEnLzNfhBZILBxEQdr9ywpKTHf1zURBgwMhEuM3w9jIjKtdJ6EFtnsQCQsSF7LekPxImerfLia_w2nQs86gPzS8brr82dp-aGxxnabMOZnjVwMQWnTyC-v2fmNR8yTo34TVblZo_kT06l7acdiQ=w1200

I bought a ceramic Boots II razor just a few weeks ago. Typical! I also have the ceramic dish which is home to the very lovely Savonniere du Moulin so nice to have another with a box-fresh push of period Boots soap. What I really bought it for was the brush ...

... which, after a soak and a test lather with proper MWF (as I do with all my new piggies) I am very happy to say it's a wonderful brush! Super bloom while lathering and with little loss of backbone and scritch, otherwise quite old-fashioned feeling. Certainly different to Omega or Semogue and not as floppy as many today.

Very happy!
Look at that dish & branding :love: I feel all fuzzy and nostalgic

Iv been after this soap for a while but keep putting it off.
i was always intrigued by the 1955 especially as it got a great write up on here.
So as i awoke this morning the wife said what does that say on my phone, And she only went at bought it for me.
Good Lass ah.
I’m heading to Angola later in the week & i’ll be away for xmas :cry:
so hopefully this will arrive to cheer me up
IMG_0007.pngIMG_0009.pngIMG_0008.png

Iv been after this soap for a while but keep putting it off.
i was always intrigued by the 1955 especially as it got a great write up on here.
So as i awoke this morning the wife said what does that say on my phone, And she only went at bought it for me.
Good Lass ah.
I’m heading to Angola later in the week & i’ll be away for xmas :cry:
so hopefully this will arrive to cheer me up
View attachment 113634View attachment 113635View attachment 113636
Hope that brush will be also delivered before your departure.

My father in law uses a crappy old Boots boar brush that is literally falling apart,so I decided to buy him a new brush for Christmas.

As it’s a present I decided to get something a bit more flashy, but he’s old so didn’t want to spend too much in case he dies soon ;) (or didn’t like it), so thought a Yaqi Sagrada Familia would fit the bill nicely.

Logged into Aliexpress for the first time in ages and with all the discounts that applied I ended up paying the grand total, delivered, of £0.48. Nuts. How is that even possible?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom