November Acquisitions

My father in law uses a crappy old Boots boar brush that is literally falling apart,so I decided to buy him a new brush for Christmas.

As it’s a present I decided to get something a bit more flashy, but he’s old so didn’t want to spend too much in case he dies soon ;) (or didn’t like it), so thought a Yaqi Sagrada Familia would fit the bill nicely.

Logged into Aliexpress for the first time in ages and with all the discounts that applied I ended up paying the grand total, delivered, of £0.48. Nuts. How is that even possible?
It’s one of my favourite synthetic brushes.
Think i paid £5

It’s one of my favourite synthetic brushes.
Think i paid £5
It’s crazy, I know China Post is massively subsidised, but even if the postage from China is effectively free, how on Earth can they (Yaqi) be even breaking even selling something that I know is of reasonable quality for less than 50p? Or a fiver come to that. I know there’s economies of scale and shit wages and all that, but I can’t understand the rationale behind it.

It’s crazy, I know China Post is massively subsidised, but even if the postage from China is effectively free, how on Earth can they (Yaqi) be even breaking even selling something that I know is of reasonable quality for less than 50p? Or a fiver come to that. I know there’s economies of scale and shit wages and all that, but I can’t understand the rationale behind it.
I think most of the Yaqi’s on aliexpress are seconds i’ve got a few and can’t see a thing wrong with them but yes it’s difficult to explain the pricing

Anyone recognise this?
D9209AE8-9798-4363-8BD4-9CC17B0ADF4B.jpeg

Don’t worry, after reading others experiences I’ve no intention of actually shaving with it. But I fancied a heavier handle to try on my aluminium Gillette Tech and Lord L6 and when I looked at the prices of handles, nice as they were I didn’t want to pay that much just to try one - then I read all the posts about this EXJ razor and reckoned that £5 was more like it. Seems ok, will try it out soon.

As for Yaqi brushes commented on above, I have a couple, one was £2 and the other 49p and I can’t explain why either - unless they contain tiny cameras, microphones and transmitters and we are all being monitored by the Chinese Ministry of Shaving!!! :oops::cool::unsure:

Last edited:
Canadian Tech from the 1950s with lozenge drain holes. I do have a 1930s model with the triangular guard already.

ADCreHd0cdFkq-GcqcOS6VqoZKqvYfnC0_hYKdBZelxHz4gqRtSGLwQc76LREVRJqRP08HzPq576wCofFhu_vuuTZFdlI3GY-PRwzdSksiGTUm9fAJZ3SinLpzP4lLOACHqpkwj9jAQfahDAPazEcUFjUPBM6A=w1200

is that a dare code that’s visible???
Looks class

Cheers! The "1932" is not the actual date of the actual razor but refers to the date of the patent in Canada. The earliest Techs had triangular drain holes and post-1945 (ish) became lozenge shaped. I've dated this razor into the 1950s given the etch (not shown), although Mr Razor does show an example of this very design from 1949.

Back
Top Bottom