Now this is a Boadger

Pig Cat said:
Teiste said:
Pig Cat said:
Do you know about the 'Excelsior' logo too?
What do you mean?its origins? :?:

Just why it says 'Excelsior' on some of Semogue's brushes really. Its origins would do.
I just wrote about it in the first page.
For what I understand the label "Excelsior" was use by Mr Gomes father to refer to the top shelf brushes made by him (Semogue).

Teiste said:
For what I understand the label "Excelsior" was use by Mr Gomes father to refer to the top shelf brushes made by him (Semogue).

Sorry Teiste, I must have missed that post. Many thanks for that!

Pig Cat said:
Teiste said:

Sorry Teiste, I must have missed that post. Many thanks for that!
You are very welcome,my friend.
Im still expecting my Caravela to get to USA pretty soon (but I have one of the prototypes,so Im not that anxious.... ;) )

This wonderful brush arrived yesterday and after several cycles of loading and washing the brush it was ready for a late evening shave. I am pleased to have placed the order when I did. Shaving brush #6 entered the rotation after a twirl with Nanny's Herby One. The tips are so soft and the knot just feels right when lathering. The color & shapes of the handle are different from any brush I owned before. A nice wait but well worth it. 620, 1305, LE 2010, SOC 2000 and now this beauty. Thanks for the heads up or I would have missed out on the Caravela debut. Yes it will give the 404 a run for the money.

Regards, Robert

Robert Otten said:
This wonderful brush arrived yesterday and after several cycles of loading and washing the brush it was ready for a late evening shave. I am pleased to have placed the order when I did. Shaving brush #6 entered the rotation after a twirl with Nanny's Herby One. The tips are so soft and the knot just feels right when lathering. The color & shapes of the handle are different from any brush I owned before. A nice wait but well worth it. 620, 1305, LE 2010, SOC 2000 and now this beauty. Thanks for the heads up or I would have missed out on the Caravela debut. Yes it will give the 404 a run for the money.

Regards, Robert

Robert:

just use it for 10 days on a row and you will see how superb the brush is.

I received the brush yesterday, what a beauty! This is my first "higher end" brush so I have nothing decent to compare it to, but this thing lathers like crazy! It is firm and soft at the same time. It still smells a bit funky (not much) and it needs some time to break in, but this is already way better than the boar brush I was using before.

I have been face lathering with this brush regularly and favoring it since arriving stateside; of course used the 404, 620 and 1305 for comparison. But for right now, this is my go to brush. Used with Valobra this morning. Dug right in that soft soap and loaded up easily. Nice weight and control. On my face it feels like there is an enormous amount of hair to the knot. I've used the 404 and 620 for a year and 1305 about 7 months, so all are broken in. This Caravel is just starting down the road and already a very nice brush after only a couple weeks daily shaving.

I cannot get over how this lathers so well, and feels so good with either cream or soap but I have been hitting the soaps more than cream. One hell of an investment and I wouldn't have known about this newest Semogue except I read about the debut here at TSR.

It's a chick magnet too ... but I won't go there.

fozz77 said:
Teiste said:
fozz77 said:
I might be tempted to get one of these if Snr Gomes decides to make more.

For what I know,my friend,unfortunately,not this year.

Any idea why T? The brush seems to be doing well on the popularity scale. Maybe bristle availability??

For what I understand,time its the main factor right now,and also Mr Gomes wanting to introduce a new line of brushes with new handle designs and materials.

Back
Top Bottom