October 2017 Acquisitions

Received Tcheon Fung Sing Red tub almond scented shaving soap, Pinaud Citrus Musk and in a house clearance skip found a vintage Brylcreem Jar full with nuts and bolts.
Red tub Tfs soap is a good decent soap and inexpensive, I like almond scented soaps. Pinaud Citrus Musk is a nice Aftershave Cologne and there is not much difference between Citrus musk and Lime Sec apart from the top/opening tones and I would recommend both colognes to citrus lovers.
Vintage Brylcreem Jar is very cool and luckily have the lid as well, I cleaned and sterilised and filled it with modern brylcreem from the plastic tub. I don't know how the original/old formula differs from todays formula but it is not strong enough for my hair, I prefer and use American version which is thicker and stronger over a heavy pomade. Nevertheless this Jar looks great on the shelf along side with other stuff.

Thanks Wayne.
I have tried the Brass General on loan but never bought one. Like yourself I wasn't keen on the handle or the weight .
I think the weight difference is only 10 grams between the two. The Brass being heavier.

The SS version does seem quite head heavy. The handle feels great, nice knurling.

I won't be using it until Monday or Tuesday anyway so I'll know more then. I'll tag you on my SOTD.

Cheers
Rob

Bengal 5/8 Hand forged in Sheffield from a forum member

f6GpBGw.jpg

Back
Top Bottom