Ok-Help me find a really good soap

After using creams exclusively, i finally bought a boar brush, and am looking at trying a soap. I want one that is easy to lather, and is highly cushioned. Anyone have any good picks?

Well I can only speak from experience here. I have a few Mama Bear soaps that are excellent, but if you buy direct from her you will have to bear (pun intended) the postage and wait a while for them to arrive. You can get them in this country but forgotten which site. They are more expensive with less choice, but of course they'll arrive nice and quick.

But, what I would actually do is get a cheap Palmolive shave stick which fits your requirements well. They are available in supermarkets, Wilkos etc. You could use it as intended or grate it in to a bowl and squash down firmly to make a 'proper' soap (sorry Teiste! :D ).

This would be your best introduction to soaps and give you a starting point to trying some new scents and types. Let us know how you get on whatever you do! :shave

DR Harris or Tabac/Irisch Moos (same soap different smells). These are my two favourites, I like a few of the sticks as well so trhey are a good way to try a hard soap and really quick in the mornings if you just rub it on and face lather.

Pig Cat said:
Well I can only speak from experience here. I have a few Mama Bear soaps that are excellent, but if you buy direct from her you will have to bear (pun intended) the postage and wait a while for them to arrive. You can get them in this country but forgotten which site. They are more expensive with less choice, but of course they'll arrive nice and quick.

But, what I would actually do is get a cheap Palmolive shave stick which fits your requirements well. They are available in supermarkets, Wilkos etc. You could use it as intended or grate it in to a bowl and squash down firmly to make a 'proper' soap (sorry Teiste! :D ).

:shave
Thats always a good option too!I was gonna recommend you almost the same.Palmolive,Erasmic old formula(tallow based) and Wilkinson shavesticks are wonderful and you can find the locally there for a cheap cheap price!If you want a soap puck Tabac and Kent/MWF are also great options(more expensier).I find shavesticks easy to shave with,cheaper and gives you the same results than more expensive soaps.Arko and La Toja are other option to consider.

Palmolive & Wilkinson Sword sticks - 45p & 62p respectively. The Palmolive is considerably more widespread (I only see the Wilkinson one at one branch of a pharmacy - the other branches of the same pharmacy don't carry it).

Both provide a very good baseline for other soaps to live up to at a low outlay.

as you didn't specify a stick or a bowl i'll give my recommendations for both

bowl - Tabac/DRH/MWF

stick - Palmolive/Boots/La Toja/Spieck/Wilkinson Sword

you won't go wrong with any of these although some people have issues getting MWF to lather

Cannot disagree with any soaps mentioned above.

Except in a previous life I know you binned the Cella and MWF. :eek:
Thats right a soap is for life not just for Xmas and you are on my P.E.T.S hot list.

So I recommend the easiest soaps to get on with...Palmolive Stick and Tabac Stick.
Straight onto chops and away you go.

I will be watching the B/S/T. :cool:

Ha ha, a past life. Feels like we have all been reborn!

Yeah i couldnt get the MWF to work, and the cella was so so for me. Part of the problem was i loved badger brushes, so didnt use the right brush.

I now bought a boar as i say, a lovely semogue 1305. Its got soft tips i have to say, but has good firm hair.

I'm going to go pick up a shave stick while i wait for the soaps i just ordered to arrive. I'll post back with my findings if i manage to hit it off with them. I dont want to be on tonys PETS hitlist. :eek:

Well the kids will eating their pet rabbits when they have got large enough so no wasting good meat
by burying floppsy.

Its a family tradition, I unknowingly ate mine when I was young after it bit my Dad.

Rabbit has the same texture as chicken (to me) just a slightly stronger taste. Quite nice when you get your head round the fact that you are eating floppy.

I knew a farmer in Perth who fed me it one day, I was dating his daughter at the time.

Back
Top Bottom