Ok-Help me find a really good soap

I think the old man was Chinese in a former life...anything with a pulse with it's back to the sun was fair game or not as in the case of Flopsy, Bugsy, Mr Wabbit, Nasher, Dipsy, Big Wig and Arnie.

I am still receiving counciling. :shock:

Tried my new semogue boar, with truefitt and hill luxury shaving soap.....and was really impressed. lathered alot, was nice and slick. Got Floris shaving soap to try tomorrow.

npinn001 said:
Tried my new semogue boar, with truefitt and hill luxury shaving soap.....and was really impressed. lathered alot, was nice and slick. Got Floris shaving soap to try tomorrow.
the 1305 performs wonderfully with any hard soap and shaving stick.Enjoy it.

Pig Cat said:
Yep, my 1305 was great with Palmolive. Even posted my first SOTD to celebrate!! Looking forward to using this brush a lot more. :shave
Give it 10 days to break and after that youll see how it shines with any hard soap/shavestick that you use.

Well, so far the boar is ok but not cutting it fully. I tried lathering with my Duke 3, and the difference was phenomenal. The duke made thick, creamy lather on a par with creams, whereas the boar makes sloppy lather. I know its down to technique, but given the same loading time, the duke kills the boar.

I will keep using it, but think i should have got a 404 mix perhaps. Anyhow, im enjoying the foray into soaps, and if i get the right brush, may find myself running down my creams. The one that wont go though, is the TOBS Avocado.

Each time i passed the bathroom yesterday, i went in and lathered using soaps. I got it. And the boar now has fluffy tips! I shaved using the lather and it was superb, really slick and creamy.

I think i may be converted. Oh, and the Floris soap, well, its a cinch to lather and is creamier than many creams i have tried, definitely worth it, especially as British hall sell them at a great price.

npinn001 said:
Each time i passed the bathroom yesterday, i went in and lathered using soaps. I got it. And the boar now has fluffy tips! I shaved using the lather and it was superb, really slick and creamy.

I think i may be converted. Oh, and the Floris soap, well, its a cinch to lather and is creamier than many creams i have tried, definitely worth it, especially as British hall sell them at a great price.
give it another extra week to break and youll see... :D

Really getting into the swing of things, and in a weird way, i love the thought that the £8 brush i have is so good, and gets better and better. Its satisfying breaking it in.

npinn001 said:
Really getting into the swing of things, and in a weird way, i love the thought that the £8 brush i have is so good, and gets better and better. Its satisfying breaking it in.
I used it today and made tons of lather.Can you believe that a 10 euros brush could beat any expensive brush?Now Im a believer. :D

My list of good soaps imo... Tabac, Mitchells wool fat, arko, original old Spice puck, penhelgans, and many more I haven't tried yet, good luck in your quest to find the perfect soap.
Imo if it's got lanolin and tallow in it you won't go far wrong.

Back
Top Bottom