Palmolive stick

Just tried again with cold water and palmolive stick but didn't get the result i got with warm/hot water.
Although i did try some Nuage pre shave oil on before palmolive, might have ruined the lather??

Rub it on your face. Once you've done that, get the stick in a fist, load your brush on there. Then face lather.

It sounds like your not getting enough soap on your face.

Wanderlust167 said:
Just had a shave using cold water & Palmolive stick, had no problems with getting a good lather. I was fairly liberal with the stick though!

Sounds like a standard holiday abroad shave for me ;)

Futur shaver said:
Has anybody found white dry patches around the mouth arter usng palmolive, wonder if its drying out my skin even though i use moisturising cream?

dont you wipe face with a towel after shaving? id guess you still have product on your face or you need to drink more water

shanky887614 said:
Futur shaver said:
Has anybody found white dry patches around the mouth arter usng palmolive, wonder if its drying out my skin even though i use moisturising cream?

dont you wipe face with a towel after shaving? id guess you still have product on your face or you need to drink more water

Yes i rinse face thoroughly with warm water then again with cold water, then pat dry and apply moisturising cream.
I do not drink water unless it contains tea or coffee, maybe i should then?

Max said:
anyone noticed how many shaves they manage to get out of a Palmolive stick?

Good thread, came to ask about using a stick, no need now.

dont worry about it

ive only ever used up 1 soap, that was tabac that was my first soap before i knew about this forum.

at the moment ive got, nanny's lime, Evelyn Indian lime, palm olive stick+ cream,1 from a member on here, cant remember the name as it was a while ago and it was a tallow soap and no longer have the wrapper:icon_cry2:

quite like it as well

plus a couple others that have slipped my mind

Max said:
anyone noticed how many shaves they manage to get out of a Palmolive stick?

Good thread, came to ask about using a stick, no need now.

More than enough, especially for 50p a throw. Mine's grated in a pot, but I've recently started face lathering so may open one of the 6 spares I have and use it how it's intended!

yeah daft question, as I have just started DE shaving and have 4 creams/soaps already.

oh and I must be buying my Palmolive stick from the wrong place as it was 75p not the 50p quoted, still a bargain tho.

(Superdrug was where I bought it btw)

Back
Top Bottom