Active Pass Around: Fatboy

Hi can I be added to this please. Been told many times the Fatboy is the best razor out there :)

Matt
Of course... How are things, @phil-b?
  • Who knows how many people since 2011
  • Bechet
  • riverrun
  • Liocer
  • Looney12345
  • SAnderson781
  • David68
  • shevsky
  • Reefhead
  • Les Dupondt
  • phil-b
  • Barry Giddens
  • nlMike
  • Wayne Pritchard
  • mattprince
  • … You?
The list is open.

Legend: Completed, Currently with, Waiting

First use of the Fatboy.

Thank you @dodgy and @riverrun for giving me the opportunity to use this iconic razor.

Face lathered some Tabac. Astra SP blade on it's second use.

Well that was a joy. It was a privilege just to hold the thing, and I have to be careful and not let sentiment cloud how the Fatboy actually performed. But the thing is, it just worked. Three very comfortable passes on a setting of 4 with some pick-ups on my usual troublesome areas. It felt perfectly natural in my hand, and very safe on my face. My favourite razor at the mo is the Rockwell 6C, and the Fatboy is right up there with that in terms of comfort and efficiency. Perhaps not quite as comfortable against the grain on my neck as the 6C, but I will experiment with settings and blades. And by the way, it was my first use of Tabac too. A superb soap!

First use of the Fatboy.

Thank you @dodgy and @riverrun for giving me the opportunity to use this iconic razor.

Face lathered some Tabac. Astra SP blade on it's second use.

Well that was a joy. It was a privilege just to hold the thing, and I have to be careful and not let sentiment cloud how the Fatboy actually performed. But the thing is, it just worked. Three very comfortable passes on a setting of 4 with some pick-ups on my usual troublesome areas. It felt perfectly natural in my hand, and very safe on my face. My favourite razor at the mo is the Rockwell 6C, and the Fatboy is right up there with that in terms of comfort and efficiency. Perhaps not quite as comfortable against the grain on my neck as the 6C, but I will experiment with settings and blades. And by the way, it was my first use of Tabac too. A superb soap!
You can also easily adjust the Fatboy mid-shave. Try that with the Rockwell and soapy hands. :D

I had the Fatboy twice on this pass around and I like it. I like it better than my own Gillette Slim Adjustable.
I wouldn't say that I'm a fan though. I wouldn't use one often enough to justify buying one.
I'm an SE guy, I'm afraid.
You're an SE guru! Why do you prefer the Fatboy to the slim? I will end up buying one or the other. (After I buy a Schick Adjustable of course).

Second shave with the Fatboy.

Tabac soap with a Gillette Sharp Edge (yellow) on its first use.

I notched the Fatboy up to setting 5 today and the shave was once again superb. It feels just right in my hand and I achieved a seemingly effortless BBS shave in 3 passes with very minor pick-ups. I'm sure thousands of fellows before me have wondered how on earth Gillette went from producing such wonderfully engineered razors, that were built to last a lifetime, to churning out millions of their plastic throw away modern incarnations. But of course therein lies the answer.

Back
Top Bottom