Active Pass Around: Fatboy

Hi
I guess this makes me the next lucky beneficiary of Dodgy's generous pass around.:icon_razz: I will PM Shamreez with my address and post how i get on with this well travelled razor ,
Neal

Hi
Thanks for that - Feathers have been reccommended a few times for this razor , any other thoughts or suggestions by past/present users ?
neal

Hi
The razor arrived , unfortunately after my morning shave , so a long day of expectation and delayed gratification in front of me.
Initial thoughts were of it looking a squat and clumsy bit of kit , not having the grace of my slim or the sheer in your face "look at me " almost bullying prescence of my Vision . I must admit i was a little crestfallen , not sure what i was expecting to come out of the bubble wrap - it is only a razor for God's sake - but hey ho.
Tuesday morning eventually came ,had spent the evening polishing it and boring my wife about it - decided on a Feather blade and dialled in at 3 . Hmm ..not impressed on result but did feel nice in the hand - balanced, weighty, the short handle not as problematic as i feared and whimsically nostalgic.. increased the dial 4, then 5 ..... Woww . I want one , want one now , wont give this back .. come and fight me for it ...
So i will be playing with this for the next fortnight with different blades and settings seeing if this is not just a holiday romance but maybe the start of something special . (may be on the lookout for a 1960 vintage)
So thankyou Martin for the chance to try this and also thankyou to all those before me who have cared for this razor and passed it on in the spirit of the shaving room .
Neal

even I loved it on 5 but than I was lucky enough to try the slant which I got as a gift from an amazing member.

Once I tried the slant I never went back to the fatty...

if possible try a slant and see for yourself

shamreez said:
I have not got any reply from drolly though I had pm'd him.

Can the next one in line please send me a pm of his address

Very sorry that I forgot all about this. :icon_sad:

My baby daughter arrived in December and since then most other things have gone out the window. This is the first time I've been on TSR this year!

I'd still be interested in trying the Fatboy, but no rush, please put me at the bottom of the list and PM me when ready.

Drroly said:
shamreez said:
I have not got any reply from drolly though I had pm'd him.

Can the next one in line please send me a pm of his address

Very sorry that I forgot all about this. :icon_sad:

My baby daughter arrived in December and since then most other things have gone out the window. This is the first time I've been on TSR this year!

I'd still be interested in trying the Fatboy, but no rush, please put me at the bottom of the list and PM me when ready.

Congrats on the new addition to the family and sorry that u missed out on the fatboy....

I guess since there were three members jump to neal you can pm him and see

shamreez said:
even I loved it on 5 but than I was lucky enough to try the slant which I got as a gift from an amazing member.

Once I tried the slant I never went back to the fatty...

if possible try a slant and see for yourself

Hi
yes , I am on the list for the pass around "enchanted slant" which should be with me in the near future . So will be interesting to compare and more lies to swmbo - "wha,t this old razor... had it ages ..etc... "

Hi all,
they say all good things must pass , and i suppose this fat boy is no exception. I have found it to be the easiest razor to use , pop in a blade , lather up and the jobs done . No nicks, burns ,bleeds just a damn fine shave. No, a bloody great shave without having to concentrate or worry about anything .

So who is next up? I would like to suggest drrolly, as he missed out due to becoming a dad . Can you please pm me your address and i will post on early next week, if no one else on the list has any objections to this decision .

Thanks again for the opportunity ,

Neal

neal said:
Hi all,

So who is next up? I would like to suggest drrolly, as he missed out due to becoming a dad . Can you please pm me your address and i will post on early next week, if no one else on the list has any objections to this decision .

Sounds good....I'll adjust the list when it's needed. I'm glad that razor was a good fit for you.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom