Pass Around: Merkur Slant (enchanted)

Hiya,

Here's a good slant to try for the first time. I believe it's a vintage gold Merkur made at least 20 years ago, and in very good shaving condition. Plating's missing in a small part of the handle bottom, and there's a few blems on the head, but nothing that affects the shave. Overall it looks pretty good

. I've used this one and it's a keeper (normally). Heh, in this case it's to be passed along for other members to sample. No plans for me ever seeing the Merkur again.

Keep it for a week or so, and try a couple different blades and then send it along to next on the list.

Step right up and pry one particular monkey off your back,

Martin

Here's the list so far:

drroly .....done
BillyHoyle...done
wellboy....done
jonno40......done
SIRUSKEY....done
Hax.....done
Duffer
Helveticum
new2DE
monkeytennis
Jamies

Attachments

• slant pass around (Small).jpg
    slant pass around (Small).jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 170
  • slant pass around2 (Small).jpg
    slant pass around2 (Small).jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 129
Re: Pass Around: Merkur Slant

Too bad I've already adopted a slant. I took the risk and just ordered it. It has pushed the futur from its first place. So if you have not tried a slant: sign up, it may be worth it. Works well with astras for me.

/marcel

RE: Pass Around: Merkur Slant

Another generous passaround - thank you :)

I'd like my name added to the trial list please.

Thanks,

Adam

Hiya,

Slants never did impress me much until very recently. Yeah, the shaves were good and close in the past, but nothing major. However, after using this Merker a few times my opinion's changed a bit. No idea if it's the razor, or maybe my technique's changed a bit, but this thing is pretty darn good.

Definitely a bit closer than usual.......like a milder OC type, and those few trouble spots on my face ended up being smoother than with my Fatboy. Even did a very nice clean up on my neck.

I do have to pay a little more attention to detail, but it's nothing I'm not used to dealing with. I can see the attraction of a slant better now, for whatever the reason.

Martin

I have a couple of Vintage slants but I don't really get them myself, for me not as close as a LT NEW/Improved or Kirby for that matter. Surely the duffest razor for doing under the snozzle.

Nice offer though Martin.

antdad said:
I have a couple of Vintage slants but I don't really get them myself, for me not as close as a LT NEW/Improved or Kirby for that matter. Surely the duffest razor for doing under the snozzle.

What's doin Tony,

As you know, we mostly have pretty similar druthers regarding shaving crap. In other words, I can usually tell if a razor's gonna fit me by how it works on you. Plus, you've tried lots of razors and know their schtick, and it's always nice to draw on that. I know exactly how much bite and how close a shave you're talking about with those two other razors......good reference points.

Believe me, I only tried this slant just to make sure it wasn't messed up. I was expecting the usual slant shave, which doesn't normally do much for me either. This razor's an anomaly, or as Yul usta say, "Eeeze ah puzzlement!". Personally, I believe this Merkur may well be enchanted.

Remind me to send you an extra extra deep dish vegetarian pizza the next time we do a deal.

Martin

Enchanted eh? That'll be worth stomaching some veggy pie for. What blade in the twisted sister?

antdad said:
Enchanted eh? What blade in the twisted sister?

I always try the Iridium first in a new to me razor, even if I've used that type of razor before. Also, if I'm sampling a never before shaved with model, I want my go to blade to let me know how the razor performs.

At this point in time, if the Iridium doesn't work in a certain razor I stop screwing with it pretty quick.

Oh........double anchovies if i'm not mistaken.

JohnnyO said:
Now what claret would go with American double anchovies pizza I wonder ................. and will The Anster's club have it.

JohnnyO. \:mad:

I'm not quite sure any claret goes with anchovies for that matter, at least I think that's what Jeeves would say :icon_razz:

P.S. on a second thought, he'd probably just grow silent

x_ab23728f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom