Closed Pass Around: Merkur Slant list (enchanted)

Received today and already had a blast.
This is a really great shave! First pass WTG would have sufficed really, 2nd pass ATG was very close + a couple of touch ups as always.
I need one, but with the longer handle.
Awesome - thanks DustyApe and TSR

Hey guys, any chance I can add my name to the list? There was a steal on an ikon slant in b/s/t recently but I passed this time. Figured I could console myself by trying out the Merkur and see if it works for me.

Received this today, had a shave with a Gillette Silver Blue, got a very close shave, but maybe a little too close. I'll have to see if I can improve my technique in the next week. Perhaps I should have tried with a blade I'm more familiar with.

Uncle Bertie said:
Received this today, had a shave with a Gillette Silver Blue, got a very close shave, but maybe a little too close. I'll have to see if I can improve my technique in the next week. Perhaps I should have tried with a blade I'm more familiar with.

Well that just show the YMMV... I got the best shave with no effort out of it.
Luurvly...

Not for me I'm afraid, was really hoping it was... Close shave, but not bbs, even after a three pass, more like a raw closeness, started to feel tender about an hour after the shave which was a bit weird? Been through all my choice blades, stopped at one pass no improvement. Went back to my go-to DE Wilky with a Feather and really enjoyed that, no rawness and bbs after a two pass.
Anyways been waiting for justcallmegreg to pm me his address, also mailed Rascally asked him his. If I don't hear from greg (I know I will now) then it will be back on its merry way with Rascally

Loved the opportunity, thank you very much everyone, my only pass around that I didn't end up just going out and buying whilst waiting.

Rascally has mailed me his address, I have the Futur turning up tomorrow so will post the slant sometime tomorrow to Rascally, if Greg pops back on at some time perhaps he can have latest dibs?
Anyways, the jury stands with 'the slant is not for me', great that I have had a chance to find that out, thanks again!

The Slant, and much more besides, has arrived, I'll pass on in a week.
Huge thanks to okeydokey for the many additions in the box :), some of which I already have and some of which I don't.. some will certainly be forwarded on, not that I'm not grateful for them, but I have them already so someone else might as well get the benefit of trying them.

dodgy said:
dodgy said:
Jon_mooseuk......done
Vman......done
MartH......done
Mushroom.......done
DustyApe.......done
rowlers......done
Uncle Bertie......done
Okeydokey....done
justcallmegreg.....limbo
Rascally.....done
newkie......done
ajh 101
Big O

As of today we have the above order. Very little wait time for this fun filled and life changing ride.

Martin

Enjoyed my first shave with the Slant this morning - chucked a Personna Med prep in, smooth close result, slightly sore on the neck with a couple of weepers but otherwise very nice - a good start :)

After an interesting week with this razor I should be able to post it on to newkie this weekend.
Can't say I'm a convert but it wasn't at all a bad experience. For a couple of days I had major irritation around the low line of my beard on my neck, but that went away, I've had a couple of nicks but mostly decent smooth shaving. However it just wasn't as good for me as my Gillette Slim combined the added irritation from the more aggressive slant means I'm glad to have tried it but wont be rushing off to buy one.
Thank you to whoever lent this out, it's been great to try.

Back
Top Bottom