Perfume Parlour

Just wondering if anyone had chanced across this site? I discovered it while browsing the forums over at moneysavingexpert.com; a little more Googling turned up a mention in the national press. Now I love quality fragrances, but I hate paying the requisite top dollar for them, so I took the plunge and decided to order the Perfume Parlour's "Credit Irish" (Creed Green Irish Tweed), "Black Afghanos" and "Master Oud" (YSL M7 Oud), together with "Moiselle Oud" (a Givenchy scent) for the wife. I admit that I've never tested the originals, but these imitations smell like what I imagine the originals smell like, and so far I'm pretty damn impressed.

Re: RE: Perfume Parlour

Clifford said:
admit that I've never tested the originals, but these imitations smell like what I imagine the originals smell like, and so far I'm pretty damn impressed.

C'mon Cliff! You've never tested the originals so you haven't a clue how close these fragrances get to them. I'm glad you are pleased with them but they could smell completely and utterly different. :huh::s:)

Darren said:
Clifford said:
admit that I've never tested the originals, but these imitations smell like what I imagine the originals smell like, and so far I'm pretty damn impressed.

C'mon Cliff! You've never tested the originals so you haven't a clue how close these fragrances get to them. I'm glad you are pleased with them but they could smell completely and utterly different. :huh::s:)

True, true. But like I said, I've seen some very good reviews online, and these imitation scents do smell pleasant and credibly 'high end'. If they came in a fancy bottle with a designer brand name, I don't think I'd know any better.

Ordered yesterday and received this morning - not bad going!

I was wearing - still am - L'Occitane EdT - when I put all five 'wipes' of perfume oil on my wrists and arms and what can I smell? L'Occitane EdT with some other stuff going on in the background. If I twist my arms around under my nose, I get strong wiffs of all five oils - so this stuff seems to stay pretty close to the skin, even after plenty of time to warm up.

I bought larger samples so a more generous application on clean skin may do the trick. Some oud perfume oil samples I have must be used very sparingly to avoid being overpowering and I guess I was hoping for something similar of these perfume oils - but t'ain't so!

Value for money? - time will tell.

I got the 3 for £15 deal, came today. The Million copy smells nothing like Million, I have worn that for years and it's very different. It may have been mislabelled I suppose. The other 2 seem ok though.

I chose my five hoping they might smell vaguely like the top notes of the claimed 'smell-alike', which they do in a roundabout, general sort of non-specific way. For instance, 'Coffee Men' does not smell of coffee - just like 'A Men' doesn't. But .......

All five smell nice, just not very strongly. Well, sorta nice - kind of.

Bechet45 said:
I chose my five hoping they might smell vaguely like the top notes of the claimed 'smell-alike', which they do in a roundabout, general sort of non-specific way. For instance, 'Coffee Men' does not smell of coffee - just like 'A Men' doesn't. But .......

All five smell nice, just not very strongly. Well, sorta nice - kind of.

And for these reasons I'm out.

A more generous application on clean skin and I'm starting to like them - well, the Afgan Man M or somesuch. The oud-like notes are coming out nicely.

Think of the low cost, Saint! If the worst comes to the worst - thinking of those newbies who were looking for a shaving soap with a long lasting scent - we could add a few drops to the lather and niff beautifully all morning.Or wear them direct on the skin might be easier but they wanted soap ......

Bechet45 said:
Ordered yesterday and received this morning - not bad going!

I was wearing - still am - L'Occitane EdT - when I put all five 'wipes' of perfume oil on my wrists and arms and what can I smell? L'Occitane EdT with some other stuff going on in the background. If I twist my arms around under my nose, I get strong wiffs of all five oils - so this stuff seems to stay pretty close to the skin, even after plenty of time to warm up.

I bought larger samples so a more generous application on clean skin may do the trick. Some oud perfume oil samples I have must be used very sparingly to avoid being overpowering and I guess I was hoping for something similar of these perfume oils - but t'ain't so!

Value for money? - time will tell.

Am I missing something I thought they were sprays already mixed up?

Based on the mixed reviews and my already overflowing scent collection I think I'm out. If you want a Creed Santal smell alike but Mont Blanc Indivduel.

My three arrived today. I got myself the Creed Irish Tweed and Creed Vetiver - I have sampled neither of the "genuine" scents but can say that whether the Vetiver matches or not, it is a great scent and lasted longer than almost any other I've tried. The Irish Tweed one smells good as well, just not as good as the second.

I also ordered my girlfriend the Oscar De la Rente one. According to her it doesn't smell like the original but is "OK" as it's own scent.

Make with that what you will.

I ordered the woody spice spray (£8.00) from them and its compares extremely well with the Creed Wood and Spice original (£400), for which I have a sample. I don't think it lasts quite as long as the Creed, but at £392 cheaper I can live with that.

I have now ordered the R.Oud and will compare with the Creed Royal Oud for which I also have a sample.

I'll keep you updated.

Simon

Back
Top Bottom