Perfume Parlour

Have now tried the R.Oud and it compares very favourably to the Creed Royal Oud. Have found that the roll on oil has better longevity than the sprays.
Will be ordering again.

Simon

Hi all, I just took delivery of Antler (Notes similar to that found in Acqua Di Gio®)
and Furnace (Notes similar to that found in Fahrenheit®) and my first impression is wowsa. I have gone for the oils as I thought they may be closer to the true notes.

My first impression was the oil is nice and thick and goes onto the skin well. The notes are pretty close, and last a loooooooong time. For £10 for the two I thought it was worth a punt, and they are. The thing to remember is if they smell close and you like it does it really matter that they are not an exact match. The fact that the original will smell different on different people says it all.

I will be ordering a few more I am that impressed. pop over to perfume-parlour and let us know what you also think of their scents. :eek:)

Ordered 3x 3ml sample roll-on oils yesterday and they arrived this morning, R Oud, Zest and Flurry. Tried the Oud and quite impressed. Not exactly Oud but close, and seems to last a long time. Definitely consider these for day to day use as a cheap alternative to the real stuff.

I bought the green Irish tweed copy.. it smells amazing. As others have said it's not a perfect copy. But boy does it smell good and lasts well. I put some on tonight pre my run. 10k later and some serious perspiration and it was still there. The oils seem to cling really well.
That's 3 oils now and all great. I will be buying another creed in a spray just to see how they perform.

Re: RE: Perfume Parlour

jpfirth said:
I bought the green Irish tweed copy.. it smells amazing. As others have said it's not a perfect copy. But boy does it smell good and lasts well. I put some on tonight pre my run. 10k later and some serious perspiration and it was still there. The oils seem to cling really well.
That's 3 oils now and all great. I will be buying another creed in a spray just to see how they perform.

As an aside I freakin' hate anything Creed! Green Irish Tweed smells like baby wee to this nose and Aventus reveals of pineapple stirred through old gym kit..... Revolting! :(

This stuff is seriously good. Ordered another 3 of the 6ml roll ons. Tropical Vanilla, Vanilla Sugar and African Musk. Put some of the Tropical Vanilla on the wrists to try it out yesterday at 5.30pm. Played a hard squash match from 6.45 till 8.15 with the usual ton of sweat, then a twenty minute shower. Unbelievably at 10pm could still smell the Tropical vanilla, and even this morning there was a faint trace. Amazingly good and cheap.

I had the same experience majortom with the Acqua De Gio oil. A blooming hard run and shower later and it was still there. The quality of the oils is spot on, as for the match to the real thing its not too shabby either. I will be buying some of the Vanilla's soon. For the dosh you really cant moan. The main thing is they smell nice and last a decent amount of time. These do for sure.

I bought a few Penhaligon EDPs earlier this year and was disappointed, both with the scents and especially with how long the frag lasted on the skin. For that amount of money I could have bought the whole range of Perfume Parlour's and got change back,as well as enjoying a far superior product.

I've received some 25ml sprays and today tried the Gray Woods, which is supposed to smell like Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver (I'm a huge vetiver fan). It really does smell close to the original and is in the fresh and clean class of vetivers with decent longevity.

Result.

Just realised I posted the post below this in the wrong thread.. D'oh!

Just ordered 5 x 8ml Oil Samples for £17.10 delivered.

Chanel Blue
Abercrombie and Fitch - Fierce
D&G Light Blue
Gucci Guilty
Acqua Di Gio

I'll report back how they turn out.

Get 10% of your order with JP7568

That was posted quite a few days back. I have to say, this stuff is all I've been using since I got them. Every single scent has got compliments, mainly the Light Blue (Navy) and A&F Fierce (Powerful). The latter is very strong and lasts for ages whereas the Light Blue seems much more subtle and is barely there but still hangs around without being overpowering. Very nice indeed!

Tried the Neroli's Port today. I tried a sample of the real thing a while back and this is really pretty close. It's an excellent, fresh, warm-weather scent which even at the time of writing is still giving off a good Neroli smell. What a bargain.

Back
Top Bottom