Perfume Parlour

Today I tried the third and final spray from Perfume parlour, TV, which is their version of Tom Ford's Tabacco Vanille. It's uncannily close to the original and, as I sit here, I'm surrounded by a lovely cloud of old-fashioned pipe tobacco shot through with a creamy vanilla. Very nice indeed.

Will have to give some of these a whirl.

My only experience of this type of thing is Lidl x bolt and Hugo Boss. To my untrained nose the Boss smells more 'expensive'.

I love the Pen's scents but agree with you about longevity. The worst is Juniper Sling which was twice as expensive as all the rest I bought!

Rob Dery said:
Today I tried the third and final spray from Perfume parlour, TV, which is their version of Tom Ford's Tabacco Vanille. It's uncannily close to the original and, as I sit here, I'm surrounded by a lovely cloud of old-fashioned pipe tobacco shot through with a creamy vanilla. Very nice indeed.

I ordered another set of these. I went for 10 x 3ml samples as the 8ml samples where more than enough for me.

One of the scents I ordered was TV as I'd heard good things about it. I've also gone for Tom Ford (Original) and Tuscan Leather. These three seem to be the most popular and I've never smelt any of the TF range, so thought I'd give them a try.

I'll report back my findings. :)

I received my second order bang on time, as expected.

The samples, well, I was a little disappointed if I'm honest. Some were excellent - Tom Ford, M7, Allure and Issey Miyake Sport. The rest were underwhelming, disappointingly considering the previous 5 from my first order were very good. I'll try to review them. Be warned my description of scents is akin to Forrest Gump's take on things.

Tom Ford was excellent from the start. Went on well and stayed a reasonable length of time. The fragrance itself had that classic smell to it, woody with a hint of warmth. Very pleasant.

M7 was much like the above and it lasted quite a bit longer too but it changed after a while to a more mellow, softer version of it's original self.

Allure is the scent I've been after for a while. Well, that and Gucci by Gucci. I love both and have only found out what each were recently. I bought the Gucci set and it's my night-out scent and Allure could easily sit alongside it for some variety.

Issey Sport was a very nice marine-type scent. Very aquatic with a hint of the original - much as I'd anticipated. Pleasant enough for everyday use.

Spice Bomb was very strong, lasted forever but got quite sickly after a while. Nice enough, but a little overpowering.

TF's Tuscan Leather was fine, nothing special but reminded me of a ladies perfume which I can't quite put my finger on.

JPG Le Male was not true to the scent for me - well maybe a little at the start - but it faded quickly into an unpleasant plastic, synthetic smell that I just wasn't keen on.

TF's Tobacco Vanille was very, well, exactly what it says it is but not the type of scent I'd wear at all. I'm assuming the real thing is quite different as it seems to review well.

Sean John Unforgivable was very hard to judge as there didn't seem to be too much of a scent. Very, very light. Pleasant but light and gone quickly.

Armani Black Code was another scent which I just smelt like something I'd smelt before but not quite near the original, for me anyway.

I think I've covered the bases I wanted covered in the Perfume Parlour. I was very happy with the first order and satisfied with the second, at least my curiousity for the scents has waned somewhat.

Rob Dery said:
Tried the Neroli's Port today. I tried a sample of the real thing a while back and this is really pretty close. It's an excellent, fresh, warm-weather scent which even at the time of writing is still giving off a good Neroli smell. What a bargain.

My Neroli Port turned up today. I tried a sample spray of the real thing in John Lewis last weekend, and can also confirm this is very close to TF.
I bought the 25ml spray. Bargain at the price.

So I took the plunge and ordered 5 x 8mls for £19. My only disappointment was that one of my chosen scents was out of stock. Quick delivery, excellent communication and the scents smell just like what it says on the tin.

Two thumbs fresh.

Royal Oud
Tom ford
Issey miyake

These three are these I can find (rollerball) I've tried around 12 s enter now I really didnt like any Abercrombie scents and others just smell like toilet freshner but that's my opinion, excellent speed of delivery however.

Back
Top Bottom