Post shave moisturiser

Thanks for the kudos jodypress.
As a special promotion for TSR members only - use code TSR1 at checkout on my website for a 15% discount off all orders plus free w/wide shipping. Valid until 31st August 2012 only.

Village Barber UK said:
As a special promotion for TSR members only - use code TSR1 at checkout on my website for a 15% discount off all orders plus free w/wide shipping. Valid until 31st August 2012 only.

Hi Iain,

No probs, always happy recommend stuff I've used and is good. (I've tried a lot of good stuff too, EJ, Trumper's, T&H, ADP and more etc)

On another note, I find your shaving oil works great for DE and as a pre oil then lather when I'm using my straights.

Oh and my skin is quite sensitive to balms, I've found a lot that are meant to sooth and just don't.

Shame I have plenty left and won't need a refill for a while.

jodypress said:
Village Barber UK said:

Hi Iain,

No probs, always happy recommend stuff I've used and is good. (I've tried a lot of good stuff too, EJ, Trumper's, T&H, ADP and more etc)

On another note, I find your shaving oil works great for DE and as a pre oil then lather when I'm using my straights.

Oh and my skin is quite sensitive to balms, I've found a lot that are meant to sooth and just don't.

Thanks Jody.
Give me shout when you're running low and I'll sort something out! :icon_wink:

Village Barber UK said:
jodypress said:
Village Barber UK said:

Hi Iain,

Thanks Jody.

What scent is the aftershave balm? Do you have any samples?

i used to use a lot of balms, and many work very well. IN particular I like the Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood balm.

But as i'm trying to follow a skincare regime now, I've switched to using Clinique M-Gel Moisturiser. Its very good. I use the Gel as I have oily skin, and the standard M-Lotion is a little more slippery. Fine for normal skin (and i still use some now and then) but the Gel is the one for me.

Clinique also do a nice post shave soother that goes on quite nice.

Shropshire Shaver said:
Village Barber UK said:
jodypress said:
Village Barber UK said:

Hi Iain,

Thanks Jody.

What scent is the aftershave balm? Do you have any samples?

Drop me an email Andy. iain@villagebarber.com

Shropshire Shaver said:
Hi all,

Any recommendations or is anyone using a good moisturiser?

I use Shave Doctor Moisturazor which is exellent and a £4 a large tube from TK Maxx is great value. I've found a great way to enhance the moisturiser once applied, and that is using Vaseline lip balm. (small tin about £1.50). I find that if I apply a tiny amount on my face after moisturising and massage it in until the shiny look disappears, my face still feels moist and soft to the touch 10 hours after shaving.
It's great.

+1 for the Village Barber balm (and oil). My skin looks and feels miles better since I started using both :). I live near Iain's barbershop in Durham and get a regular haircut and occasional cut-throat shave from the man himself. I certainly blame him for getting me into this proper shaving lark!

"What scent is the aftershave balm?"

I'm not skilled at describing scents, but on my skin I get 'top notes' of almond and lavender (not dissimilar to the SPECK shaving cream) settling down to 'base notes' of predominately sandalwood. Smells very natural rather than 'obvious', which suits me as I like to wear a cologne and don't want a 'clash'.

Been using nivea balm for years with the cartridge shave but wondering if that will be good for a 'real' DE shave.

Got plenty in and ordered an alum block with my first DE kit so fingers crossed for no problems.

Oh and got a free sample of "Bluebeard's Revenge" ASB. Anyone used this?

Yeah I had a tub of it, I didn't like it (well my skin didn't) caused it to dry really quickly and leave my skin redder than before. Other people have great success.

I use Champneys Sports Therapy Intensive Moisture Balm. It's good stuff - absorbs easily, isn't greasy, and includes photostable UVA protection; what more could you want from a moisturiser?

Btw, the Bluebeard's ASB: I have a pot of this and occasionally use it. It's a gloopy gel with a lot of witch hazel and the same decelerine ingredient as their shaving cream. It's ok but I personally prefer something a bit more moisturising.

Back
Top Bottom