Posts are not being shown/cannot view

Have posted a couple of times this morning and after submitting them i cant see them showing up on the board.

Example, ive posted on the brushless cream thread, its showing that i was the last poster but when opening that thread my post isn't visible.

Where as this post is:huh:

Yeah, Boab (FINALLY) managed to install a BS filter that sort things out in no time ... :icon_razz: Seriously, I dunno, couldn´t resist :blush:

RB73 said:
Have posted a couple of times this morning and after submitting them i cant see them showing up on the board.

Example, ive posted on the brushless cream thread, its showing that i was the last poster but when opening that thread my post isn't visible.

It's just you mate. Take the hint.

Only joking. :icon_razz::icon_lol:

RB73 said:

If it's showing as being there in the forum index, but not when you look at the thread try a forced refresh of the thread in your browser (Ctrl-F5) - sounds like a caching issue somewhere along the line (possibly local to you in your browser or maybe some sort of "transparent" caching by your ISP)

hunnymonster said:
RB73 said:

If it's showing as being there in the forum index, but not when you look at the thread try a forced refresh of the thread in your browser (Ctrl-F5) - sounds like a caching issue somewhere along the line (possibly local to you in your browser or maybe some sort of "transparent" caching by your ISP)

Have tried the above but no change. Have seen that you have posted on that thread after me as shown in the last poster to that thread notification, but even your post isnt showing.

RB73 said:
hunnymonster said:
RB73 said:

Have tried the above but no change. Have seen that you have posted on that thread after me as shown in the last poster to that thread notification, but even your post isnt showing.

I'm getting the same as you. It only appears to affect threads imported from the old forum. I can't see new posts in linear mode, but I can see them in threaded mode. :huh:

I've expanded my posts per page view in the CP to 50 and can see them now. It doesn't seem to be creating page 2,3 etc. in linear mode, but only on older threads?

Same thing here.
http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=8705&pid=139180#pid139180
This whole new engine is driving me crazy...I hate it... gollum, gollum!!!
I get a notification that there was a new response, I click on the link the browser opens and there's *NOTHING*.
I also hate that it shows today's threads by default. I thought it's caused by it so I went to forum home, clicked "from the begginning of time" (or what) and navigated back to that thread... nothing. I even got a reply to my message which I can't see either.
I visited TSR many times daily now it's only a few times a week... I just lost my nerves :(((((((((

tritrek said:
Same thing here.
http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=8705&pid=139180#pid139180
This whole new engine is driving me crazy...I hate it... gollum, gollum!!!
I get a notification that there was a new response, I click on the link the browser opens and there's *NOTHING*.
I also hate that it shows today's threads by default. I thought it's caused by it so I went to forum home, clicked "from the begginning of time" (or what) and navigated back to that thread... nothing. I even got a reply to my message which I can't see either.
I visited TSR many times daily now it's only a few times a week... I just lost my nerves :(((((((((

This time it is a safety trigger that has been tripped to keep you and any others who stumble upon the JEWEL SUPER STAINLESS blades as far away as possible from these utterly, with out a shadow of a doubt, with out question, the most shit blades you will ever, if you are unlucky enough to get some, try in the duration of your remaining time left on this planet.

I aint mentioning any names........BUT HE KNOWS....:icon_razz::icon_razz:

Instead of vague fluffy reports - can you say which thread/threads (with links) this is happening in and what you can & can't see? (eg. I can see the first 20 posts) Also what browser you're using (including version) and any plugins/addons you have active.

I've made a copy of the Jewel Blades thread (in DE Blades forum) and made some changes to it... does that work better for the afflicted?

However, given I can see it all, it's next to impossible to try & work out what the problem is when nobody is specific. Until someone is specific, I will not look further.

This thread is working for me, the one and your copied one not. I can't even see my own post, not speaking about the replies... Does the same in all (MS IE9, FF, Chrome)

hunnymonster said:
Instead of vague fluffy reports - can you say which thread/threads (with links) this is happening in and what you can & can't see? (eg. I can see the first 20 posts) Also what browser you're using (including version) and any plugins/addons you have active.

I've made a copy of the Jewel Blades thread (in DE Blades forum) and made some changes to it... does that work better for the afflicted?

However, given I can see it all, it's next to impossible to try & work out what the problem is when nobody is specific. Until someone is specific, I will not look further.

How many posts should there be? I only see 15 on one page, in the original and your copy. I'm using Firefox 6.0.1 with NoScript (TSR allowed, obviously) and Adblock.

I've had the odd error returned when attempting to view the last page of a thread, but I can't recall which ones. If it happens again, I'll post here.

Back
Top Bottom