Preview - Blackland Blackbird - OC

Quick update. I'll be sending a full update soon. The short of it is the machinists have been set back because of a few unforeseen scheduling issues on their end. The handles and SB plates are done. The OC plates and top caps have about half of their operations complete so we are really close. My hope(fingers crossed) is that I'll have the parts next week. I'll be driving out the machinists on Tuesday to share some photos with everyone and have a meeting with the machinists.

This delay has been frustrating, but we are changing the way we schedule production and maintain inventory to avoid these frustrations in the future. Early next year we will begin placing much larger orders and this will allow us to keep inventory in stock on a permanent basis. Going forward will be using pre-orders infrequently, if at all, for the Blackbird. We will be using pre-orders for new products, but they will shift to high production very quickly. In 2017 the Blackbird will be kept in stock and available to ship right away. Thank you all.

Happy Thanksgiving to those in the United States! And to those elsewhere(probably everyone on this forum), I hope you are having a great day.

On Tuesday, November 22nd, I visited our manufacturers to check up on production and discuss plans for 2017. Clearly they have unfortunately been delayed and the Blackbird will be shipping later than we had originally planned. While delays are frustrating to all of us, I am very pleased with the quality of the Blackbird parts and it is clear that we are nearing the end of production. All handles have been completed and the top caps, open comb base plates, and safety bar base plates will be finished very shortly. Production will finish next week or the following week. Once we have received the parts, shipping will immediately begin on all machined finish razors. The black oxide and polished razors will begin their finishing processes and will ship as soon as they are finished. Once your order has shipped you will automatically receive a confirmation email with your USPS tracking number.

The pre-order sale will end when the parts have been machined, tentatively in 7-14 days. An announcement will be made two or three days prior to the sale ending to allow those who wish to place a pre-order the time to do so.

I sincerely appreciate your patience during this delay. To avoid this in the future, we are dramatically increasing our production quantities in 2017 to keep the Blackbird in stock and ready to ship on a permanent basis. Beginning in late winter, the Blackbird will be available for immediate purchase and pre-orders will be used sparingly, if at all. Pre-orders will still be used for new products coming next year, but those will go to large-scale production very quickly. In short, we are doing everything we can to minimize these delays and to make our products available at all times.

Most Blackbird parts have arrived today. Machined finish Blackbirds will begin shipping on Monday. The polished and black oxide Blackbirds will ship as their respective finishes are completed. Have a great weekend!

Just in time for Santa's sleigh, get in! Cannot wait!
Cheers Shane.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom