Rapira Blades

WiffWaff said:
Must read some more Tom Sharpe. Only read Porterhouse Blue many years ago. Seem to remember an explosion caused by gas filled condoms in the chimney... weird... but one of those occasions where I laughed so much I felt something snap inside!

May I suggest 'Wilt' or 'The Wilt Alternative' as a great starting point if you fancy a bit of Sharpe.

sagesmith said:
WiffWaff said:
Must read some more Tom Sharpe. Only read Porterhouse Blue many years ago. Seem to remember an explosion caused by gas filled condoms in the chimney... weird... but one of those occasions where I laughed so much I felt something snap inside!

May I suggest 'Wilt' or 'The Wilt Alternative' as a great starting point if you fancy a bit of Sharpe.

... another two on my list

sagesmith said:

Couldn't agree more. My first Sharpe, which I read in my mid teens, was The Wilt Alternative, simply because it was in the house having been given to my Father by another relative. I'd never laughed so hard reading a book although it took me a couple of attempts to get into as it wasn't my usual thing. Made me seek out Wilt, the first in this series and many others - all madcap and crazily funny

Back to the blade thread...I've just ordered a sample pack from our Russian comrade...We'll see how we get on.

Haven't read the Tom Sharpe books for years...m'thinks maybe time for another read at them...
The Macdonald Fraser ...Flashman series books are brilliant too.....But politically incorrect, so you'd better read THEM before they get banned by the empty suits in Westminster.

WiffWaff said:
Is everyone receiving stuff from Unuta now? Fancy ordering some stuff myself

I have some blades on order, Andrey (Unuta77) said my order was held up in Russian customs now released though.
He's a good bloke to deal with answers questions and dispatches quickly. He can't help what happens once he dispatches the items.
So I would say buy with confidence :)
Brian

782sirbrian said:
WiffWaff said:
Is everyone receiving stuff from Unuta now? Fancy ordering some stuff myself

I have some blades on order, Andrey (Unuta77) said my order was held up in Russian customs now released though.
He's a good bloke to deal with answers questions and dispatches quickly. He can't help what happens once he dispatches the items.
So I would say buy with confidence :)
Brian

That's reassuring news, I've just ordered 100 Sputniks from him.

I've already had 100 Rapira Swedish from him... I think he's 100% trustworthy... I just thought as some people had been waiting a while that there might be some external factor holding everything up and just wanted to wait until the "blockage" was removed.

Think I may just order the stuff anyway!

Still waiting for my Rapira Chromes looking at the Russian post tracking they were sent for export today (7th March).
I have some trust in Andrey (Unuta77) I ordered 100 Voskhods today :blush: he replied also to my message within an hour. Saying to wait a little longer for my old order and my new order would be dispatched ASAP. Bearing in mind I believe his area of Russia to be 4 hours time difference.

Brian

I trust the fella too but Russian mail needs a kick up the beam end. Still, more than worth it for these quality blades. If Andrey didn't provide the service he does, we wouldn't be able to get said blades at such good prices. I note that another couple of sellers have popped up on ebay but they charge more and are as yet, untested and untried. You watch, they'll be here in the morning! :D

Andrey's good enough for me... can't blame him for the postal system. Got to order some Voshkods now. While I'm at it, thinking of getting 50 each of Ladas and Sputniks.

... opinions on these please

Tried my first rapira Swedish supersteel this morning and what a cracking blade it is every bit as sharp as a gillette yellow but felt smoother in the mergress with the same setup as a yellow and irritation free so all in all a very good blade

Back
Top Bottom