Rapira Blades

Hey ho Carl, how's tricks? Looking forward to my 500 sharpies so I reckon I'm due a big hats off to Hairsuite. An honorary Scot if ever there was one. ;):D

Tried the rapira swede last night/this morning....

What a blade! It was very sharp, but very smooth too, and after one pass I was as smoother than I've ever been with any other blade after one pass. I'm gutted I only ordered 50 of them now :(.

I worked out last night though I have enough blades for around 7 years of shaving. Without counting 90 astra SPs and about 80 derbys I have. Although I'd rather grow a beard for 7 years than shave with a Derby again.

I have enough of the Swedish supersteel to last me to about January next year if I use that blade every time, and then I have 100 of the pink n blues, which is almost 2 years worth for me at 1 blade a week.. I don't NEED any more, but *want*, that's another story!

I got plenty off these Rapira's they are so cheap that I ordered them from bestshave, because I still had USD in mine paypal, which would make much lose converting it back to euro, so I decided to buy the rapira's from it ftrom bestshave.

And yes these blades are not bad at all.

Just tried a rapira platinum lux in the mergress in a 3 day growth in undecided so far I had to dial up to 4.5 but the shave was then super smooth on the wtg. Back down to 3 for a second wtg as I'm only going to work and it felt like I was just running the head over my face no feel of it cutting but I've got a very good shave
Ill have to try again tomorrow and decide from there

I use www.trackitonline.ru for Unata77's tracking number
Pretty good tracking

06.04.2013 00:00 115127 Москва ЦМП Partial acceptance (according to list) 0.065
06.04.2013 21:21 104002 Москва Pci-2 Arrival at international place of exchange
08.04.2013 00:28 104002 Москва Pci-2 Into customs 0.065
08.04.2013 00:32 104002 Москва Pci-2 Released by customs 0.065
10.04.2013 17:21 GBLALA Import (Item arrived at country of destination)
Royal Mail: RA*********RU
10.04.2013 17:21 Heathrow Worldwide Dc Import (Item arrived at country of destination)
...and on my doormat when I got home tonight

Gairdner said:
My Voskhod's hit the doormat today and I shaved with one. A Voskhod, not a doormat. Very good it was an' all. :D

Will be ordering from Andrey again but not 'til later in the year as I have some vintage Scottish Permasharps coming from a certain ex-pat tyke. ;)
I have been using a voskhod for my last 3 shaves and its the best blade I have used yet. If you dont mind me asking how much was it for 1 the 100

Malky

malky39 said:
Gairdner said:
My Voskhod's hit the doormat today and I shaved with one. A Voskhod, not a doormat. Very good it was an' all. :D

Will be ordering from Andrey again but not 'til later in the year as I have some vintage Scottish Permasharps coming from a certain ex-pat tyke. ;)
I have been using a voskhod for my last 3 shaves and its the best blade I have used yet. If you dont mind me asking how much was it for 1 the 100

Malky

For 100 Voskhods it's $21 which is just over £14 delivered.

Regards Brian

Is there a difference between the Rapira SS (Pink/black/blue wrapper) and the Swedish Super Stainless and Lux even? As always YMMV but having tried Ladas and Voskhod (courtesy of Northam Saint) I don't know how much they would differ. Not being the easiest to buy in small amounts without blades I don't wish to try not making it easier. Will compare my last Voskhod with Perma-sharp super and 7 OC Yellow and Green SS.

geezer said:
Is there a difference between the Rapira SS (Pink/black/blue wrapper) and the Swedish Super Stainless and Lux even? As always YMMV but having tried Ladas and Voskhod (courtesy of Northam Saint) I don't know how much they would differ. Not being the easiest to buy in small amounts without blades I don't wish to try not making it easier. Will compare my last Voskhod with Perma-sharp super and 7 OC Yellow and Green SS.

Pm me your address ill stick a couple of each that I have in the post for you

I'm not too sure. Looking at the blades there are no different markings between the pink n blues, and the Swedish Supersteel, and I read somewhere, or was told by someone that the Swedes are just repackaged pink n blues. When I used a pink n blue one it was a while ago now, but I remember the shave not being as good as what I get now with the Swedish Supersteel blades.

Now that could be to do with the fact I used an unfamiliar razor, and hadn't perfected my technique, so I will have to try another in my EJ, as it's the only razor I use now and get consistently good results. Looking at the blades there seems no difference, but I wonder what both edges look like under a microscope.

They all feel different. The Swedish super steels are IMHO the best - very smooth and sharp. The platinum Lux are not as good but are smoother than the pink and blue super stainless. The super stainless are sharp, fairly smooth and cheap.

NotTheStig said:
They all feel different. The Swedish super steels are IMHO the best - very smooth and sharp. The platinum Lux are not as good but are smoother than the pink and blue super stainless. The super stainless are sharp, fairly smooth and cheap.

The Swedish super steel are brilliant, second favourite blade I'd say. I must give my other Rapiras a try.

Back
Top Bottom