Rate The Last Film You Watched

Carry On Cruising (1962)

The first Carry On film that was made in colour. Most of the regular cast are missing, and this hurts the film quite a lot. At least I had the delectable ladies Liz Fraser and Dilys Laye to look at, and the film wasn't ruined too much by the irritating Esme Cannon and the even more irritating Lance Percival. Not one of my personal favourites, but still enjoyable if you are in the right mood. I give it 7/10.

Carry On Cabby (1963)

I watched this again last night. It has never been one of my favourite Carry On films for several reasons. The film is also made in black and white again for some reason, despite the previous film, Carry On Cruising, being made in colour. I just don't think that the film is particularly funny, though I know that it has its fans. It does have the delectable Liz Fraser again, though, which does make it a bit more bearable. I give it 6/10.

Carry On Jack (1964)

My Carry On reviews continue...

I watched this again last night. It is not one of the best Carry On films, but at least I enjoy it more than Carry On Cruising and Carry On Cabby. Most of the regulars are missing from this film again, apart from Kenneth Williams and Charles Hawtrey. The film also features the late Bernard Cribbins in one of his very few Carry On films, and Juliet Mills provides the obligatory eye candy. It was also made in colour, unlike the previous Carry On Cabby and all of the early films. If you like pirate spoofs, then you should enjoy this. I did. I give it 8/10.

Carry On Spying (1964)

This was the Carry On team's spoof of the James Bond franchise. It was also their last film that was made in black and white (thank God). For most of the time, the film works and it keeps up the momentum throughout most of the film, though the ending does go on and on for too long. The film was the first to feature Barbara Windsor, who I have never been keen on. For some reason I find her incredibly irritating, she can't act for toffee and, let's face it, she is only famous because of her big boobs. For me, she ruins every scene that she appears in. However, I still find the film extremely enjoyable, despite her. If you love spy spoofs, then this film should please you. I give it 9/10.

Carry On Cleo (1964)

This has always been one of my favourite Carry On films. It marked the beginning of their "classics", in my opinion. All of the cast are great in this film and everything works. My particular preferences are Kenneth Williams as Julius Caesar, Sid James as the treacherous Mark Antony and Amanda Barrie as Cleopatra. The film looks a lot more lavish than previous Carry On films, but this was reportedly achieved by reusing sets left over from the famous Cleopatra film adaptation starring Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor. I give this Carry On film a solid 10/10. If I should live to reach the age of 100, I think I will still love this film. It's a classic.

Reactions: PHR
The little things. Prime video

It was good until end...

Worth watching but would of been better if it was a two part TV film vs the sudden ending..

Was on for a good 8/10 so for that watch. - 5 points for last 10mins. I'd give it 3/10 with that ending

Banshees of Inisheren
IMG_20221225_160448.jpg
Had this lined up for my Christmas day film, had a very nice bottle of English sparkling wine and thoroughly enjoyed this.
Ive seen a few iffy reviews online but was figuring with Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson I couldn't go wrong. I was right, utterly brilliant film. Beautifully shot, very dark but very funny too. Faultless really.

It's 11 out of 10 from me :)

Banshees of Inisheren
View attachment 97934
Had this lined up for my Christmas day film, had a very nice bottle of English sparkling wine and thoroughly enjoyed this.
Ive seen a few iffy reviews online but was figuring with Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson I couldn't go wrong. I was right, utterly brilliant film. Beautifully shot, very dark but very funny too. Faultless really.

It's 11 out of 10 from me :)
You got me interested! Thanks for the review.
I looked it up on justwatch.com to discover that it's available to stream on Disney+

Carry On Cowboy (1965)

I am sorry to say that this Carry On film has never been one of my favourites. I watched it again yesterday, but I didn't enjoy it very much. It is a parody of Westerns, but I think that could be the reason why I'm not very keen on it, because I find it boring, as I do with other Westerns. Still, at least I had the lovely Angela Douglas to look at while I was watching it, lol. It is not one of the worst of the Carry On series, but it is very far from their best too. I give it 7/10.

Alan Partridge - Alpha Papa.

Currently on the BBC Iplayer - bloody love it & watch a couple of times a year. Hilarious if you like that sort of thing & one of my favourite films.

Which is the worst monger........

Back
Top Bottom