Razor clean up?

I live in a hard water area, and now my new razor is covered in water/lime and is dull and looks awful. Any idea what to clean it with that will not damage it?

Thanks all.[/font]

Hot water, washing up liquid, old toothbrush works well. Don't give it too much wellie or you may scratch it. I soak in barbicide or equivalent every 6-12 months for a deeper clean.

worth keeping an eye out in Aldi, Lidl or Maplins for their cheap ultrasonic cleaner , the do a an excellent job of shifting limescale with no damage to the razor at all.

You also get extra brownie points for cleaning the other halfs jewelry too ;)

I found that from time to time I had problems with my shave soaps forming scum on everything. Then it stops. Not sure if its the hardness of the "city" water that chgs or the chemicals they add to it???

Johnus said:
I found that from time to time I had problems with my shave soaps forming scum on everything. Then it stops. Not sure if its the hardness of the "city" water that chgs or the chemicals they add to it???

You know what Johnus, I think your on to something there.

I'm sure it happens to me, I just thought I was going mad. These last few months have been quite low on the scum.

Back
Top Bottom