razor recommendations

I have recommended to people that they stick with their cartridge razor for a while and change to soap and brush and proper prep and post care first. After all, even I can get a great shave with a cartridge razor - even if it is a bit joyless.
No point in throwing a brand new Gillette Flexball and 20 cartridges into the bin. (Should anyone consider doing this, send them to me instead for responsible disposal) :p

Carts are fine, and if they could shave me as close as my safety razors, I would still be using them. That being said, they are convenient in time pressed situations, very safe, and good for travel.

Last edited:
Just think of a Gillette Sensor, Mach 3 or Flexball Gerry. We call them cartridge razors, or carts for Australian, because the blades are mounted in a disposable , throwaway cartridge whilst the handle is retained. Always very handy to have one for throwing in the overnight bag for a quick trip. Many members on here use them regularly.

JohnnyO. o/
Many thanks for that ,I actually have one of them! it's a "Gold Tone" solid Brass Avon " vintage" model seventies I suspect, still has a two blade with lubricating strip cartridge attached .
It is for sale:)

Last edited:
Try putting it on the BST section at some point G, sounds like the type of handle which could be of interest to some members. The twin blades were the last carts I used as multi blades induce razor burn for me after a few days.

JohnnyO. o/

My 29 y.o. son shaves himself with a Philishave, cause the cartridge Gillette hurts his face.
Lately I gift him a Slim bought in Canada and tune up by Delta Echo. Nonetheless, the shaving razor still hurts so he will keep it in the Den.
This is just to say that I prefer a good razor for a beginner than a worthless one, cause the aim is that people feels the difference for good. I'm sure that he will try in the future, again.

e43cc45fdde8596fdfaca2bca6fdda4f.jpg

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk

My 29 y.o. son shaves himself with a Philishave, cause the cartridge Gillette hurts his face.
Lately I gift him a Slim bought in Canada and tune up by Delta Echo. Nonetheless, the shaving razor still hurts so he will keep it in the Den.
This is just to say that I prefer a good razor for a beginner than a worthless one, cause the aim is that people feels the difference for good. I'm sure that he will try in the future, again.

e43cc45fdde8596fdfaca2bca6fdda4f.jpg

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk
I was hoping for a second that it was a picture of an upcoming Seygus TTO, Gustavo :p:p

[emoji27] [emoji27] [emoji27] [emoji33] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] We aren't as smart as the old Post WWII engineers. These Slim and Fatboys are like a Cadillac Seville. Ours is like a Fiat Cinquecento. [emoji12] [emoji1] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

There are also people starting out with a MÜHLE R41(V3). Not my first choice, but also my second DE Razor - and the first that showed me that I can get closer shaves with a DE than with a Fusion ;-)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom