razor recommendations

I have Watched these Newbie DE Recommendation Threads since I joined the Forum & they Regularly Turn into a Barking Ground for some Unknown Reason to me..;)

Vintage this Modern that..Stainless this Pot Metal that..Too Aggressive this..Too Mild that..Artisan this Artisan that..I am Real Wet Shaver this & that..:confused:

Its Clear to Me by reading some of these Threads that a Lot of Folks just Don't get on with a DE Razor of any Shape or Form..That's Why Cartridge Razors became so Popular..Back in the Day of Straight Razors a lot of men Grew Beards or Partial Beards for the Same Reason..They didn't get on with SRs..Nothing has Changed..:p

In the Recent Past..Clean Shaven Men like Jessie James were Feared because they were Showing there Prowess with Shaving with Straight Razor..He carried his 2 Six Guns Concealed in Shoulder Holsters..In Public No One knew Who he was..He was still Feared because he was Clean Shaven..:eek:

My Point Being..There is No Magic Wand DE Razor or any Other Razor going to work for anybody that Cant use it..All the Newbie Advice in the World isn't Going to Change that..:D:D:D:D

Billy
Well said Billy! :)

I'm learning in this thread that, for me , by far the worst part of a Moderator's job is having to read all the bilge that is posted - and all in case a fight breaks out.

In the interests of free speech, I'll leave the thread open - but one more reference, no matter how oblique, to problems or agendas of other forums and I'll lock it.

how much revenue does this little place get from the load of advertising banners I see on here every day?

To many people are getting money by making recommendations for things when they are making money hand over fist by doing so. That ruins the whole purpose of the content.
Example, if you go to a sight that is owned by a guy who owns a website selling shaving supplies, the items he has in stock are the "most wonderful" things to use to shave with. Say otherwise until his excess stock of derby super blades or razorock soap is sold off,,,,, your ass is harassed, bashed, and banned by the moderators.
And on a lot of sites to get cough cough artisan cough cough soap and brush makers to pay for advertising, their monthly check gives them the power of a moderator. The level of moderator ship being controlled by what monthly pay level they chose.
SO when you get into one of those sub forums run by a website vendor or cough artisan cough you suddenly find your posts being edited a few hours after you make them, you find your private messages being read and edited for you. And become a major joke in the end.

Reactions: Len
GDNyuPn.gif

how much revenue does this little place get from the load of advertising banners I see on here every day?

To many people are getting money by making recommendations for things when they are making money hand over fist by doing so. That ruins the whole purpose of the content.
Example, if you go to a sight that is owned by a guy who owns a website selling shaving supplies, the items he has in stock are the "most wonderful" things to use to shave with. Say otherwise until his excess stock of derby super blades or razorock soap is sold off,,,,, your ass is harassed, bashed, and banned by the moderators.
And on a lot of sites to get cough cough artisan cough cough soap and brush makers to pay for advertising, their monthly check gives them the power of a moderator. The level of moderator ship being controlled by what monthly pay level they chose.
SO when you get into one of those sub forums run by a website vendor or cough artisan cough you suddenly find your posts being edited a few hours after you make them, you find your private messages being read and edited for you. And become a major joke in the end.

Hosting websites, especially these days, is cheap. Money is made here, don't fool yourself.

But it's not just money, that's only one side. It's relationships some senior members and freelance bloggers develop for 'testing' and 'reviewing' new products. Lots of freebies... Clout in the community.... There are many forms of payment to get products pushed. Yup, see that here too.

Not a complaint, just an observation that some dont choose, or aren't able, to see.

But it's not just money, that's only one side. It's relationships some senior members and freelance bloggers develop for 'testing' and 'reviewing' new products. Lots of freebies... Clout in the community.... There are many forms of payment to get products pushed. Yup, see that here too.

I was going to ask for evidence on who got a freebie, but this thread will probably get locked before you respond.

I was going to ask for evidence on who got a freebie, but this thread will probably get locked before you respond.

I have no intention of starting a fight, or shaming anyone by naming names. People here have admitted to accepting free product, and will speak up about it should they choose. And to be honest, I don't really care if they do or if this place makes any money.

My issue is transparency, so that members can factor these things into the equation. When/if this thread gets shut down, that simply tells me there are bigger interests the powers that be wish to conceal from membership.

No fights, no rules broken, but some people are getting very anxious...

I wasn't going to comment on this..but some of this rubs me the wrong way...

Why is testing and reviewing in quotation marks?
Whenever I receive something for no cost to me and do a review of it I hope I'm rather clear about that as I did here in the disclaimers section. That should allow sufficient context for any reader.
I'm still wondering why that makes it a 'review' instead of a review.

I have no intention of starting a fight, or shaming anyone by naming names. People here have admitted to accepting free product, and will speak up about it should they choose.

I don't understand the use of the admitted here. Could you elaborate as to me it implies that the individual should feel bad about receiving the item.

I wasn't going to comment on this..but some of this rubs me the wrong way...

Why is testing and reviewing in quotation marks?
Whenever I receive something for no cost to me and do a review of it I hope I'm rather clear about that as I did here in the disclaimers section. That should allow sufficient context for any reader.
I'm still wondering why that makes it a 'review' instead of a review.

I don't understand the use of the admitted here. Could you elaborate as to me it implies that the individual should feel bad about receiving the item.

@Darkbulb , I have no problem with you receiving free product, and have found that you have always been upfront and honest in all your postings. However, it is something people should consider when reading a review, and decide for themselves whether or not receiving free items influences, or even caused in the first place, your review.

When I put quotes around "review", it is because some people question the reviews of free product, it is not a judgement by me.

My use if the word "admitted" implies that some people don't disclose everything as transparently as you do, and may or may not choose to speak up more clearly about it here.

Back
Top Bottom