Recommend me a new EDT please

Hi folks,

I've just run out of my daily EDT - Kouros Silver which I enjoyed. I might fancy something different along a similar line, any recommendations? My previous daily spray was Channel Allure Sport eau extreme.

Tempted to go for full octane Kouros as liked that back in the day.

To tell the other side of this story, I am a big fan of full fat Kouros (vintage, especially) and was most disappointed with Kouros Silver finding it not really hitting anything for me. If you enjoyed Kouros Silver, I think you will find full fat Kouros a bit like a megaphone!

Looking at what you mentioned, I'd suggest trying the Hugo Boss line. Boss Pure, for example: http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Hugo-Boss/Boss-Pure-2642.html ... or just Hugo (which reads much akin to Kouros Silver, but "a bit more"): http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Hugo-Boss/Hugo-570.html

I do believe it has been modernised, though Vinny. I have a vintage bottle, which is a pure '80s ... I smell the one in Boots now and it's distinctly "modern". It's sweeter and far less catty (something I'm becoming quite a connoisseur of having taken on an older and somewhat fruitier cat). It is.

Yeah, go on let the fellow try the kingpin ...

Mike ......... Like Paul, I'm a fan of the Original Kouros; I have three or four bottles of the Parfums Corp ('87 - '93) era bottles and they're the fragrance equivalent of weapons grade Uranium :D

Even the PPR-Gucci era bottles (early to late 2000's .... of which I currently have a 50ml bottle in my desk at work) are quite aggressive. It's the newer bottles (definitely the ones with a white shoulder and base on them) that have been watered down so far from the original that it should be considered a crime.

You may like the new current formulation Kouros ....... But I'll echo this: If you like the Silver........ The vintage Kouros will blow it away in terms of sheer longevity and projection ....... People will know you've entered the room on a warm day ;)

I did like RL Safari and Davidoff Cool Water was a regular back in the nineties for me. I can still remember the manly scent of Faither's Paco Rabanne Pour Homme.

You could do a lot worse than try some Paul Smith London EdT. Only comes in 30ml bottes these days. Good stuff too.

Mike ......... Like Paul, I'm a fan of the Original Kouros; I have three or four bottles of the Parfums Corp ('87 - '93) era bottles and they're the fragrance equivalent of weapons grade Uranium :D

Even the PPR-Gucci era bottles (early to late 2000's .... of which I currently have a 50ml bottle in my desk at work) are quite aggressive. It's the newer bottles (definitely the ones with a white shoulder and base on them) that have been watered down so far from the original that it should be considered a crime.

You may like the new current formulation Kouros ....... But I'll echo this: If you like the Silver........ The vintage Kouros will blow it away in terms of sheer longevity and projection ....... People will know you've entered the room on a warm day ;)

Exactly, few know the vintage Kouros. It was a neutron bomb that one had to wear delicately & carefully. Know your audience before using any of the vintage Powerhouse frags. I have a vintage made in France Lapidus Pour Homme that is just as...............potent.

A new Powerhouse frag that is cheap is Enrico Sebastiano For Men. Warning, it is not for the meek:

http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/enrico-sebastiano-for-men.html

A new Powerhouse frag that is cheap is Enrico Sebastiano For Men.

Been looking for that one for a couple of days ......... Only place I can find it in the UK is Galaxy Perfume and they're not exactly getting glowing reviews .......

Don't suppose you have any pointers as to where's selling it? ....... I keep reading descriptives like 'dirty and 'animalic' ....... So obviously, I want a bottle :D

Back
Top Bottom