Refunded for Lost Parcel

Crossan

Supporter
Supporter
Howzit,

Quick one, my parcel from Griffith Shaving (restored straight razor) has gone AWOL. They've claimed back on insurance and provided a refund for the item itself but not for the postage.

Does this sound odd or is it normal practice? I've never had a parcel go missing before so I'm genuinely not sure.

Already disappointed that the razor has vanished so now I'm wondering whether I should be annoyed as well, though the guy has been decent to be fair.

Cheers

Marc

Howzit,

Quick one, my parcel from Griffith Shaving (restored straight razor) has gone AWOL. They've claimed back on insurance and provided a refund for the item itself but not for the postage.

Does this sound odd or is it normal practice? I've never had a parcel go missing before so I'm genuinely not sure.

Already disappointed that the razor has vanished so now I'm wondering whether I should be annoyed as well, though the guy has been decent to be fair.

Cheers

Marc
It's quite normal to only have the cost of the goods, the postage is not protected!
Most annoying I should think!
It should be impossible for anything to get lost in the post and yet it happens!

Paul.

I would expect a full refund, you have paid out for the razor with postage costs and received nothing. I assume the seller has been fully reimbursed through their insurance.

It's quite normal to only have the cost of the goods, the postage is not protected!
Most annoying I should think!
It should be impossible for anything to get lost in the post and yet it happens!

Paul.

Lol and this is why I wasn't sure.

Yes they've been reimbursed by the insurance but I don't know whether they only covered the goods themselves and they don't receive a refund for the postage.

If it was a package I was sending out myself then I would only expect the goods to be covered for whatever the stated value was, but seeing as it is an order I have placed I didn't think I would foot the bill for it.

I'm not going to get aggro over the sake of £15 but I just didn't know where I stood.

iv had similar recently on ebay although the razor i bought wasn’t worth worrying about just another silly impulse buy.
However it never turned up & i got a full refund from ebay stress free.
For me private sellers should be paying your full loss,
if they decide they don’t want to give you full amount then it should be in the terms

iv had similar recently on ebay although the razor i bought wasn’t worth worrying about just another silly impulse buy.
However it never turned up & i got a full refund from ebay stress free.
For me private sellers should be paying your full loss,
if they decide they don’t want to give you full amount then it should be in the terms
Aye this isn't a private seller in this instance, it's a shaving goods website. I wasn't able to see anything in the terms regarding missing items and no refund on delivery. They obviously state no refunds on delivery for returned items but that doesn't apply in this case and is standard in most places unless the goods are faulty, or at least in my experience.

Lol and this is why I wasn't sure.

Yes they've been reimbursed by the insurance but I don't know whether they only covered the goods themselves and they don't receive a refund for the postage.

If it was a package I was sending out myself then I would only expect the goods to be covered for whatever the stated value was, but seeing as it is an order I have placed I didn't think I would foot the bill for it.

I'm not going to get aggro over the sake of £15 but I just didn't know where I stood.
I had a recent purchase from the US go AWOL, it was purchased with PP and fully refunded by them. Maybe ask for the seller for the postage costs?

I think ebay (and amazon, paypal, etc) refund the full amount including postage, but on the other hand I also think not refunding the postage is fair. In my mind it's sort of similar to the case when I return an item, I expect to pay for the postage myself.
(I consider a small loss here and there a fair (very low) cost for having the convenience of not having to go places to buy stuff, with a mahoosively larger market available to me.)

I see it slightly differently in terms of returns. If I were returning an item because it was something I decided I didn't want then I wouldn't even question it, I wouldn't expect anything back. Alternatively if I were returning because it was faulty then I would expect to be reimbursed.

I've sent an email asking for a rationale as to why the postage wasn't refunded.

I do have options with PayPal but I'd rather not go that route, I may just say sod it and get back on with the Koraat instead and forget about the vintage barber notch route!

What an annoying situation! Yeah I can see it's a bit of a grey area. Especially abroad. If I were the seller I would want my postage fee back as well as the value of goods, because they contracted the carrier to deliver, and they failed, so the carrier should (morally) refund the postage as well as the insurance on the goods. Where it is legally is anyone's guess. Shame.

Lol aye, in all honesty I'm more gutted about not getting it in hand than anything else, loved the look of it. Maybe one day if one pops up on BST I'll dive on!

Ultimately I suppose it's not up for me to decide one way or the other, I can't force the guy personally but I'll still give him chance to respond. Failing that I'll leave it with PayPal and they can follow their processes which will end it one way or the other.

Already have the Koraat site open on my other tabs ;)

Back
Top Bottom