Reporting on problems with the new new forum platform

As we are stepping into the new forum platform may I suggest a thread dedicated to reporting issues found with the site?

Little things so far :

1. The RSS feeds for the BST and the Vendor section don't seem to work, most of the other feeds are fine:

http://theshavingroom.co.uk/community/index.php?forums/vendor-offers.27/index.rss

http://theshavingroom.co.uk/community/index.php?forums/buy-sell-trade.11/index.rss

2. The 'contact us' link is dead.

Well done for such a wise move, I am taking my hat off.

So there is no honeymoon period then? No letting the indexes etc rebuild? Good to know.
Instant satisfaction is required at all times!

Seriously, I lived with the previous software 'upgrade' because I value the interplay on this site and would have continued to do so, but it makes a refreshing change to press a post button and see ones post in the thread within half a second or so. More intuitive and vastly better performance from this software.

Thanks to all who participated in the reversion.

Last edited:
Because we had to lose the content between moving to vBulletin and moving out of it. There is simply no viable way to export that content. So (as usual) all BST posts with no activity for 1 calendar month have been archived, leaving only the newly posted (today) posts and the stickies.

Threads in individual forums as far as I can see are ordered in descending order of the date/time of the last message?
Twas ever thus:

Stickies (in descending order of last post)
Posts (in descending order of last post)

Further - if you're using Tapatalk, it is in internal uproar due to the tracks being switched underneath it while it continues... Will rectify itself in a couple of days probably (Tapatalk issue)

It seems to be working fine for me. I expect that I'll need a couple of days to relearn and reset my end of things, but it's just great to have the forum whizzing around (technical IT term, that) again.
The previous forum version wasn't very good with Tapatalk, as it seemed not to show things like post Comments, so I'm hopeful that will become more user-friendly before long (per @hunnymonster 's comment above).

Don't forget that Tapatalk will only ever display a subset of the full site features - not something that we control, rather some decisions made (by Tapatalk) to make forums as portable as possible. You can also try the site in your mobile browser, which will give you an experience somewhere between the full 'desktop' version and what you see in Tapatalk

Hi Guys,
Could someone please point me in the right direction, yesterday I lost my access to the site. I did not receive any notification as to the change over or any instructions as to log onto the new platform. The only way I have managed to get back is to re-register under another name.
What I would like to know is how can I log on under my previous account (Scuba Steve) and delete this one.
Any assistance would be gratefully received.
Many Thanks
Steve

Hi Guys,
Could someone please point me in the right direction, yesterday I lost my access to the site. I did not receive any notification as to the change over or any instructions as to log onto the new platform. The only way I have managed to get back is to re-register under another name.
What I would like to know is how can I log on under my previous account (Scuba Steve) and delete this one.
Any assistance would be gratefully received.
Many Thanks
Steve
An email came out from admin to all members early hours of yesterday morning. As Boab suggests, a password reset should do the trick, worked for me :)

Back
Top Bottom