Review: Timeless Razor's OC model

Had my second shave this morning with the Timeless OC. It definitely feels like a Progress hybrid on steroids. It is more comfortable than a Progress on a respective rating (6.5), which takes some doing (especially being OC). It feels similar to the Digress minus what I qualify as a 'bulky' or heavy feel (so is solid without the added heft). Timeless is more tactile and comfortable with a closer end result, whilst being well balanced. Louder and less of a 'scraping' sound.

@matt. I've just been looking at your website :D, are you going to discontinue making the smaller, original handle altogether?

Last edited:
3rd use of the razor this morning. This is definitely one to buy. It will rest a lot of decent razors. The razor IMO is smooth, efficient, loud, beautiful and provides plenty of blade feel. Buffing with the razor is the super even though you remove most the lather in a pass. The head aids with buffing, very very little drag. If you find the Progress/Digress/Futur 'clunky' this head will not disappoint. It also has excellent feedback (face feel and audible). A true all rounder.

Speaking with another member I realised that OC razors are my preferred choice. But best split seasonally (summer-winter) due to weather conditions my skin is more 'sensitive' in the summer than winter. This is a perfect summer razor (6.5 on a progress) but you can guarantee it won't be used solely used in the summer. I can definitely feel the OC component of this razor, however it is exhibits a SB face feel. Quite unique. Superb razor.

Ordered the SB today. I already have the handle which I purchased separately off eBay several months ago before the company became timeless razors. I think they were testing the waters and sold out all their handles very quickly before they started making heads.

I was meant to change my setup this evening, but had to pick up the Timeless OC and my Shavemac gifted brush.

4th shave. Excellent. It 'sucks' the face as I find with the ATT H1. Yet comfortable enough to complete three passes and a touch up. It doesn't need 3 passes it's very efficient and shouts this out to you. You want to do 3 passes (partly down to the brush as well). The thread is becoming smoother. This razor is becoming a favourite very quickly.
When @Darkbulb mentioned different cutting angles he was spot on. The top cap can be used as a guide or you can attack at a more obtuse angle to the skin. It is always comfortable but obviously gives a greater blade feel.
Erm what more to say? It's keeping the Wolfman rested.

To be honest it's like night and day with regards to face feel. The Timeless is similar to the Digress (6.5), where as the Wolfman OC is not.

I have started to appreciate how various seasons affect my skin. Summer being the time for a softer touch and winter the opposite. The Timeless is ideal for summer and the Wolfie for winter.

Will you miss the Wolfman, well it's very subjective, I wouldn't replace the Wolfman with the Timeless or at least the OC set at 0.74mm. To different to contemplate a direct replacement. But as always YMMV. One thing for sure it's an excellent piece of kit and thoroughly enjoyable to use.

Back
Top Bottom