Review: Timeless Razor's OC model

Grats - I think you'll really like it - and if not I think there's a 30 day money back guarantee so can't really go wrong.
What handle are you thinking about pairing it with?
Well I have that UFO titanium that I really like. And I have a feeling this Windrose might be a nice fit. The way the handle is shaped makes for a perfect 2 finger grip. Also the Mongoose ginger swirl will work on the longer heavier side. So I do have some choices. Let me find the damn iPad and throw a picture up.

Dayum, there's some really, really interesting combination possibilities there...
I'm surprising myself by saying this but I am really curious as to how it would look with the marble one on the left...

Post combo pictures when you get the OC head please :)
Absolutely, the handle on the left is one of Bob Quinn's offerings at Elite Razor I have a brush handle that matches this. Now I just have to wait a few days....

Finally I have the Timeless OC in my hands! Very early impressions, packaging is OK, vacuum packed in a piece of plastic, with a polishing cloth and a box. ATT IMO have better presentation but it's hardly a deal breaker. Some machining marks on the bottom of the top cap (similar to DB's pictures), not as neat as I imagined, but the rest of the razor is flawless. When screwing the handle onto the head it is not buttery smooth like the Wolfman.

What really stands out is the knurling on the handle. This handle has phenomenal grip, very well designed and balanced razor. Look forward to using it this evening.

Last edited:
Just had my first use with the Timeless OC. Having bought a few high end razors, I am really looking to concentrate the collection. So I set up an experiment.

Obviously this is my first shave and I usually need at least 7 shaves, before properly understanding the razor.

Aim:
To find an OC razor that can be truly described as a daily driver for me. That is around a 7/8 on a Merkur Progress with minimal irritation. Along with this level of aggression, I obviously want an excellent finish to my razor; akin to the Wolfman. I think this is justified given the similar pricing. This is based on its cost to the UK, which incurred an additional £50 (just under) customs & RM handling charge.

Hypothesis:
As I highly regard the Wolfman in all aspects I was doubtful that the Timeless would be better.

1. The open comb 'department' is very different between the two razors. The Timeless having longer and thicker teeth. Less blade exposure so a milder OC?

2. Finishing- IMO nothing beats the Wolfman. The PILS razor is on par, again IMO. I haven't handled the BBS or Weber. So will it have a less than 'Wolfman perfect' feel (metal to face). After my first pass, when I use thinner lather, this is important to me. Will the finish be on par with the Wolfman?

3. With respect to the surface design of the top cap. Not sure how it will feel or if it will have any effect. Will it help with the shave at all?

Method:
Comparing it to my other OC razors:

From left to right (the first picture only shows SS razors)
Fatip Grande, Ikon OCC, ATT R2, ATT S2, Wolfman OC (0.74mm), Timeless OC.

Soap: Razor Master Ari (Pine)
Brush: Shavemac 2 band silvertip

Measuring face feel is subjective. I analyse:
How the blade feels against the skin. How much of the blade edge is exposed.
How comfortable the shave is in terms of irritation, following a usual two pass shave.

Results:

IMO with respect to SS razors, aggression/face feel and efficiency (first being the mildest):
Ikon
ATT R2
Timeless
ATT S2
Wolfman (O.74mm) with a WRH2 handle.

The Timeless OC sits just after the ATT R2. I use my R2 on a Kronos handle with a Shark blade. It is smooth, efficient, hassle free. Around a 6 on a Progress, hardly any 'bark'.

The Timeless OC holds the blade with absolute solidarity. No movement. On removing the blade it was moulded onto the under-side of the top cap. The angle allows for more blade-face feel and 'apparent' contact. The OC component is smooth on the face and the head beautifully weighted. It's size is excellent. I fell out of favour with the Futur and Mongoose due to this. Audible feedback is very good. It is the loudest OC I own. The sound being a pleasant 'hum' rather than 'scratch'.

Timeless OC is finished very well, only the underside of the top cap had slight markings. Very minor. The handle had very good grip. Balance and overall weight was substantial and to my liking.

I have to admit the top cap felt nice on the face, no drag. However, after just two passes it's too difficult to ascertain the full, effective function. A more universal measure would suggest a 6.5/7 on a progress. Again IMO and after only one shave. Zero irritation.

Conclusion:
A very well made razor. A unique face feel to my current collection of OC razors. In fact I would only put the R2 and Fatip, as having similar face feel.
I will be trying the Timeless with my WRH2 handle to increase the level of aggression. A sharper blade may also be a good idea to try. I definitely will be keeping it, even without this added aggression it feels, sounds and looks fantastic. Thanks for all the info DB!

Last edited:
@Nishy I have been following the reviews on this razor. Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. Your references to other razors were a big help. I use a Wolfman OC with a standard gap and find it to be somewhat more efficient than the ATT R2 while being smoother for me. From your review it sounds as if the Timeless OC shave will compare favorably to my standard Wolfman.

Just had my first use with the Timeless OC. Having bought a few high end razors, I am really looking to concentrate the collection. So I set up an experiment.

Obviously this is my first shave and I usually need at least 7 shaves, before properly understanding the razor.

Aim:
To find an OC razor that can be truly described as a daily driver for me. That is around a 7/8 on a Merkur Progress with minimal irritation. Along with this level of aggression, I obviously want an excellent finish to my razor; akin to the Wolfman. I think this is justified given the similar pricing. This is based on its cost to the UK, which incurred an additional £50 (just under) customs & RM handling charge.

Hypothesis:
As I highly regard the Wolfman in all aspects I was doubtful that the Timeless would be better.

1. The open comb 'department' is very different between the two razors. The Timeless having longer and thicker teeth. Less blade exposure so a milder OC?

2. Finishing- IMO nothing beats the Wolfman. The PILS razor is on par, again IMO. I haven't handled the BBS or Weber. So will it have a less than 'Wolfman perfect' feel (metal to face). After my first pass, when I use thinner lather, this is important to me. Will the finish be on par with the Wolfman?

3. With respect to the surface design of the top cap. Not sure how it will feel or if it will have any effect. Will it help with the shave at all?

Method:
Comparing it to my other OC razors:

From left to right (the first picture only shows SS razors)
Fatip Grande, Ikon OCC, ATT R2, ATT S2, Wolfman OC (0.74mm), Timeless OC.

Soap: Razor Master Ari (Pine)
Brush: Shavemac 2 band silvertip

Measuring face feel is subjective. I analyse:
How the blade feels against the skin. How much of the blade edge is exposed.
How comfortable the shave is in terms of irritation, following a usual two pass shave.

Results:

IMO with respect to SS razors, aggression/face feel and efficiency (first being the mildest):
Ikon
ATT R2
Timeless
ATT S2
Wolfman (O.74mm) with a WRH2 handle.

The Timeless OC sits just after the ATT R2. I use my R2 on a Kronos handle with a Shark blade. It is smooth, efficient, hassle free. Around a 6 on a Progress, hardly any 'bark'.

The Timeless OC holds the blade with absolute solidarity. No movement. On removing the blade it was moulded onto the under-side of the top cap. The angle allows for more blade-face feel and 'apparent' contact. The OC component is smooth on the face and the head beautifully weighted. It's size is excellent. I fell out of favour with the Futur and Mongoose due to this. Audible feedback is very good. It is the loudest OC I own. The sound being a pleasant 'hum' rather than 'scratch'.

Timeless OC is finished very well, only the underside of the top cap had slight markings. Very minor. The handle had very good grip. Balance and overall weight was substantial and to my liking.

I have to admit the top cap felt nice on the face, no drag. However, after just two passes it's too difficult to ascertain the full, effective function. A more universal measure would suggest a 6.5/7 on a progress. Again IMO and after only one shave. Zero irritation.

Conclusion:
A very well made razor. A unique face feel to my current connection of OC razors. In fact I would only put the R2 and Fatip, as having similar face feel.
I will be trying the Timeless with my WRH2 handle to increase the level of aggression. A sharper blade may also be a good idea to try. I definitely will be keeping it, even without this added aggression it feels, sounds and looks fantastic. Thanks for all the info DB!

Excellent write-up and those comparison photos are a great addition to the review thread!

@Nishy I have been following the reviews on this razor. Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. Your references to other razors were a big help. I use a Wolfman OC with a standard gap and find it to be somewhat more efficient than the ATT R2 while being smoother for me. From your review it sounds as if the Timeless OC shave will compare favorably to my standard Wolfman.
I haven't tried a standard Wolfman to be honest, but this is a very comfortable razor to use. Easily a daily shave at just above mid aggression (6.5/10)

Back
Top Bottom