Rockwell - adjustable razor

Darkbulb, unfortunately many know little about metallurgy and its application regarding stress loads, wear, etc. I don't profess to be one, but obviously one not need be a NASA scientist to understand that you don't need a drop forged part for every application. After all, a 737 isn't milled from a solid block of titanium. :rolleyes: Different metals & alloys work well for certain applications as there is no real load or stress risers on them. As well, this is merely a shaving instrument and not something that is being launched into interstellar space. :D

Rare beast indeed. As far as I can tell the only other one piece tto adjustable in production this century was the late Vision 2000 which is not SS. Interesting gimmick maybe? Anyhow good luck with the venture.

Yeah..Well the Components have to Endure how long its Gonna take the Numpty how long its Gonna take them to use it..In the mean time they give then Somthin to Gape at..Just like getting Married..:eek:

Billy

@chris.hale
@riverrun

From Rockwell:
"We'll be making the internal parts of the razor from brass coated with a corrosion-resistant layer metal layer - so there will be heft, durability, and corrosion resistance. We'll be providing more and more updates on this through the campaign once we've settled up contracts with manufacturers. "

When asked:
"So, does this mean no pot metal/Zamack?"

The reply from Rockwell:
"Nope there won't be zamack! "

Looking into dropping the zinc as well according to new update

"That being said, we do have one upgrade we can already announce! After seeing the demand for the Rockwell Model T, and after speaking with the manufacturers we're considering, we will be manufacturing the internals of the Rockwell Model T from coated brass, rather than zinc! You gave us your clear feedback, and we love it - (that's) what Kickstarter is all about! We could only afford this through the popularity of this campaign. So thank you all so much for your support!"

Cheeky people could at least have made sure the original backers all have their razors before starting a new project.
Too right. Still haven't seen my replacement, although it's supposedly en route. I also see that the delivery on this is a year hence i.e. it'll probably be 18 months.
Perhaps I'm being a bit over-cynical, but the $89 pledge works out to about £62, then add tax and RM fee, and I'm up to £80 odd. That's well on the way to the price of a good-nick Slim or Fatboy; but I already own those. Ho-hum - decisions, decisions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too right. Still haven't seen my replacement, although it's supposedly en route. I also see that the delivery on this is a year hence i.e. it'll probably be 18 months.
Perhaps I'm being a bit over-cynical, but the $89 pledge works out to about £62, then add tax and RM fee, and I'm up to £80 odd. That's well on the way to the price of a good-nick Slim or Fatboy; but I already own those. Ho-hum - decisions, decisions.

I'm sure somewhere on the Kickstarter page it says that EU backers razors will be shipped from within the EU.

So hopefully no fees.

Back
Top Bottom