Rocnel SE review(s)

I had my 2nd shave with it yesterday and by my own admission I was in a rush and by the end I had quite a few weepers that righted themselves fairly quickly post shave. The only negative for me is the tiny protrusions of blade at either end of the head even after they have been snapped off as close as possible.
I think this could be an issue because the head is fairly narrow and if you put any weight behind your strokes then on the softer fleshier parts of the face and neck the flesh and skin can envelope the head of the razor and the nubs can dig in. Having said that I'm still enjoying the feel of it so far.

I had my 2nd shave with it yesterday and by my own admission I was in a rush and by the end I had quite a few weepers that righted themselves fairly quickly post shave. The only negative for me is the tiny protrusions of blade at either end of the head even after they have been snapped off as close as possible.
I think this could be an issue because the head is fairly narrow and if you put any weight behind your strokes then on the softer fleshier parts of the face and neck the flesh and skin can envelope the head of the razor and the nubs can dig in. Having said that I'm still enjoying the feel of it so far.

Agreed on the bits that stick out even after you have snapped the ends off, 2nd shave with me and 3 or 4 cuts, major design flaw i think.

Agreed on the bits that stick out even after you have snapped the ends off, 2nd shave with me and 3 or 4 cuts, major design flaw i think.
I suppose if you really take your time and consider every stroke you make but where's the fun in that. I'll give it a fair shake but I'm still enjoying the feel and look of it for now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Third shave this morning, enjoying this razor.
New blade, ends snapped off and no cuts.
It's slightly more aggressive than my day to day fave The Goose and leaves some faint irritation but gives me the best shave other than The Goose, also seems to be a longer lasting shave too
For the price it's amazing

Close, near BBS shave first go with proraso sensitive and personna med prep blade. It did bite me on my septum with those pesky snapped off sharp edges but that is my own fault for treating it like a DE. If this was my daily razor it wouldnt be a problem. The head sings to itself nicely, reminiscent of my old futur, clogging was a slight issue but an extra rinse every other stroke slowed me down which is never a bad thing. The feel of the razor was odd. Felt very industrial, hard to put a finger on it, my other DEs feel more refined. It was extremely easy to dial in though, I can imagine it being an excellent first razor if a hack is found for the blade edges.
Overall I enjoyed the experience, it will be in my rotation as something a bit different.

3rd shave with the Rocnel yesterday. I seemed to find the right angle easier this time, which resulted in a much more comfortable shave. In fact it was very smooth indeed. 3 passes, nice smooth finish.

2 nicks on my neck. I felt them happen going east to west. I don't think it was the sharp edges from where I snapped the tabs off but more likely the small ends of the blade that protrude slightly from the razor. I felt them digging in so probably still too much pressure, but because of the weight of this thing I'm finding it quite tricky to use a light touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to try using this blade with my rocnel this evening:

Narrower than the regular DE so hopefully no tabs showing (means it may have to be removed with tweezers) not that the tabs are an issue. Hoping it will be good for fine detailing.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom