Rocnel SE review(s)

What riddles me is that if you receive a piece of equipment with minimal tolerances, which is designed correctly, it can only be down to human error as to an unfriendly shave result. Similar to human error in scientific experiments. Unless the piece of equipment is somewhat flawed the results should be positive.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

What riddles me is that if you receive a piece of equipment with minimal tolerances, which is designed correctly, it can only be down to human error as to an unfriendly shave result. Similar to human error in scientific experiments. Unless the piece of equipment is somewhat flawed the results should be positive.

Well, the way I look at it is how we all gravitate towards different razor blades.
The blades themselves are not flawed - they are sharp and the design is essentially pretty straightforward - but there are still some that favours some brands over others..and straight out dislike some and feel that they get bad shaves with them.
Me, I rather dislike Voskhods but really like GSBs and Wilkinsons DE blade...while for others it might be completely the opposite.

I assume part is technique (not bad vs good necessarily but how you like/prefer to shave), skin type and 'other' such as how your lather was, how hard/aggressive/fast you yourself shave (and prefer to shave), etc, etc, etc.... :)

I think as long as there has been more than one product of anything on the market w/in the same area there has been people that favor one over the other. I guess the YMMV term was created for a reason :)

I was also confused about the razor going on sale on Extrashaving before all pre orders were shipped out by Rocnel. I asked them why it is like this. It seems like they are having difficulties with customs since they are using TNT as their freight forwarder and they ship several hundred as one shipment till the US and in the US this shipment is broken into individual orders. I also know the US customs is very organized and sceptical and you ring them some red lights when you ship in hundreds.

They also admit they didn't expect such big interest to this razor. It is beyond their capability to ship all these orders. I guess in their next product they will limit the number of pre orders and directly sell through Extrashaving.

I was also confused about the razor going on sale on Extrashaving before all pre orders were shipped out by Rocnel. I asked them why it is like this. It seems like they are having difficulties with customs since they are using TNT as their freight forwarder and they ship several hundred as one shipment till the US and in the US this shipment is broken into individual orders. I also know the US customs is very organized and sceptical and you ring them some red lights when you ship in hundreds.

They also admit they didn't expect such big interest to this razor. It is beyond their capability to ship all these orders. I guess in their next product they will limit the number of pre orders and directly sell through Extrashaving.

Thanks for the inside scoop.
I heard/read somewhere that they received over 4,000 pre-orders and that to make things even more difficult a number of them were people who re-did their pre-orders due to lack of confirmation email and whatnot.
Now, I don't know if that number is correct or not but if it's anywhere near that I can totally see how they got a bit overwhelmed as I doubt their DE offering saw sales figures even remotely close to that (a razor I'm still considering getting btw...) :)

Last edited:
Well, the way I look at it is how we all gravitate towards different razor blades.
The blades themselves are not flawed - they are sharp and the design is essentially pretty straightforward - but there are still some that favours some brands over others..and straight out dislike some and feel that they get bad shaves with them.
Me, I rather dislike Voskhods but really like GSBs and Wilkinsons DE blade...while for others it might be completely the opposite.

I assume part is technique (not bad vs good necessarily but how you like/prefer to shave), skin type and 'other' such as how your lather was, how hard/aggressive/fast you yourself shave (and prefer to shave), etc, etc, etc.... :)

I think as long as there has been more than one product of anything on the market w/in the same area there has been people that favor one over the other. I guess the YMMV term was created for a reason :)
Ahh yes but that you see falls under 'methodology' with the pre-conception of an 'aim' and 'hypothesis' leading to a conclusion. All dependent on the human on a certain degree of human experimentation or error if you like. Considering the equipment is so fine tuned. At least that's what my head believes[emoji14]

Ahh yes but that you see falls under 'methodology' with the pre-conception of an 'aim' and 'hypothesis' leading to a conclusion. All dependent on the human on a certain degree of human experimentation or error if you like. Considering the equipment is so fine tuned. At least that's what my head believes[emoji14]
It's 1:40am. I've been out for some scotch. I will tell myself that I'm simply temporarily dumb and come back to the above some other time :)

It's 1:40am. I've been out for some scotch. I will tell myself that I'm simply temporarily dumb and come back to the above some other time :)
Haha Dark bulb, probably came across wrong, not dumb, guess we all have different perceptions to the same result...stubble removal :) Enjoy your Scotch and shave on!

Back
Top Bottom