Rocnel SE review(s)

Any comparison to current DE's in terms of face feel? Also any issues with the side tabs?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
For me as much blade feel as an ikon oc, but smoother than a 89. I didn't bother removing the blade tabs and I didn't feel nervous one in the shave, the only fault I could find is when the lather channel is full it ain't shaving nothing just gliding so plenty of rinsing.

For me as much blade feel as an ikon oc, but smoother than a 89. I didn't bother removing the blade tabs and I didn't feel nervous one in the shave, the only fault I could find is when the lather channel is full it ain't shaving nothing just gliding so plenty of rinsing.
Interesting. I find the blade feel to be minimal in the Ikon OC. Smoother than a 89, wow, so we're putting it at about a 1 on a merkur progress?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mine arrived today. Looks and feels great.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
So did mine. However it may turn out in use, it's immaculately packaged and very well-made.
I've prepared and loaded a blade ready for tomorrow. This wasn't very difficult, either in halving it or cutting off the tabs. Regarding the latter, when they're not removed, there is a bit more exposure than I find in Gillettes, both 3-piece and butterfly, but not that much. I may be wrong, but I think you'd have to be going at it without having the whole length of the blade edge against the skin to get wrong with tabs if they're left on. That's not something I'd do with any razor.

Have been reading with interest all the talk about this Razor . So as a bit of Fun , when the Extra Shaving site came up
I ordered one on 1 May.

Received confirmation of order same day. Nowt else, but today it arrived today. Am not in a rush to try it as have too many razors loaded too go. Also,do not want any mishaps,prior to going on a short Holiday.

PS Just snapped a blade half,and loaded it. Not at all impressed as blade slithers in and out of the head,does not feel at secure. Snapped off overhang not a problem.
Still can move blade with fingers, so not all happy that it will maintain an even cutting edge. If you have not ordered one,Hang fire until more Shave reports come in.

IMG_0518.jpg

Last edited:
Have been reading with interest all the talk about this Razor . So as a bit of Fun , when the Extra Shaving site came up
I ordered one on 1 May.

........................ Am not in a rush to try it as have too many razors loaded too go. Also,do not want any mishaps,prior to going on a short Holiday.

View attachment 18477
I know the feeling. I've just got another PAL SE, which I was keen to try, so I've got that, my Mongoose and the Mk. 2 Rockwell on the go. Now I'll get going with this, too. Getting these things is bad news, as I keep an inventory of them; adding this makes the count 75 safeties of all kinds, plus the straights. Too many!

3ba0a7f9e0b586af12e9fab3aa622f1a.jpg

The knurling on the handle appears to change slightly half way down. Never seen that before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting! Well I guess I'm either unlucky and got a duff one, or I'm lucky and got a one-off. Mmm... glass half full or glass half empty? Jury's out on that one [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom