S.O.T.D. Saturday 10th June to Friday 16th June 2017

SOTD:13th June 2017.​
View attachment 25990
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Cussons Imperial Leather: Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Chinese Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Soap: Erasmic Shaving Soap Bowl.(new formation)

Blade: Polisiver Super Iridium. (0)

Razor: Parker 94R.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture/Old Spice 'Whitewater' A/S.

Bulldog A/S Balm.

Greetings,

It's been a while since i last used the Polisiver S.I. and i have say they pair up wonderfully with my 94R, with any new razor i always give it a quick hand strop, to get rid of any hidden burrs, it's probably a over-cautious thing to do on my behalf, but since i've started to do it, it's worked for me..Anyway, back to the shave..The new Erasmic soap formation is good but, not in the same league as the old formation that was previously made in Jordan, however it still provides me with a good slick lather, but i have to work at it to achieve the consistency thickness of what i like..all in all though,it's still a reasonably good soap.

Another efficient 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report, my 94R gives a superb smooth shave.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Old Spice Whitewater.

Enjoy your day ,ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Tuesday 13th June
Virginia Sheng Purtec
OSP UKWSS 'Herb Garden'
Ever Ready/GEM Push Button
GEM SSC #2
Rinse > Alum > Rinse
Alcolado Glacial Splash
Lacura Aq Cream Moisturiser
FvttvaC.jpg

The Push Button has a very ergonomic grip, and has a similar head geometry to the Heavy Flat Top and Featherweight. It is a mild (to me) razor, but very efficient.
The shave was easy, close and refreshing, with subtle menthol from the OSP and wake up menthol from the Alcolado.

Happy - Yes, hope you are!!!

Tuesday 13th June
Virginia Sheng Purtec
OSP UKWSS 'Herb Garden'
Ever Ready/GEM Push Button
GEM SSC #2
Rinse > Alum > Rinse
Alcolado Glacial Splash
Lacura Aq Cream Moisturiser
FvttvaC.jpg

The Push Button has a very ergonomic grip, and has a similar head geometry to the Heavy Flat Top and Featherweight. It is a mild (to me) razor, but very efficient.
The shave was easy, close and refreshing, with subtle menthol from the OSP and wake up menthol from the Alcolado.

Happy - Yes, hope you are!!!
Great splash that

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SOTD_20170613-907x1024.png

• Pre-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - Oil
  • Straight Razor: Saponificio Varesino - Leonardo da Vinci - Custom Koraat 6/8
  • Shaving Brush: Saponificio Varesino - 2.0 - Faux Horn (High Mountain White)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Saponificio Varesino - Felce Aromatica - Beta 4.3
  • Alum: De Vergulde Hand - Alum Block
  • After-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - Felce Aromatica - Balm
  • Fragrance: Rituals - Eau du Kashmir

4d0a7fdd6b0ab6eb970a879889db914c.jpg

Pre: Valobra Glicerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: DR Harris H3 Best Badger
Cream: Lea Classic
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (1)
Splash: Floid Vigeroso

Loads of lovely lather from the Lea Cream. Such an easy shave with this combo.
Three comfortable passes - was pretty damn close after two, actually.
I am at ease with the larger size of the Futur razor, and the Personna blade worked well for me in this razor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tuesday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Coal-tar soap and Village Barbour Shave Oil.
Razor - ATT SE1 (Bamboo handle).
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild (Pink) (day 1).
Soap - Executive Shaving Natural Shaving Cream.
Brush - Simpsons Duke 2.
Post shave - D.R. Harris Skin Tonic, followed by Myrsol Formula "K" After Shave.

Great shave, 2 passes, no hassle. Shaved with the OneBlade over the weekend - I find I can get 2 shaves out of the Feather FHS-10 with a noticeable drop-off during a second shave with that blade, on the final pass.

All the best,

Chris

Tuesday

Preshave 3P cream
Vitos Green soap
Semogue SOC boar brush
Cobra Classic razor with a Feather Super Pro blade(#2)
Alum Block
Homemade Buttermix
L'Occitane Green Tea EDT

I can't really understand why the Cobra has been lying in the bottom of a drawer for years.....unused.
Almost BBS in two passes with a small touch up to finish the job. Great start to the day!

I too recently rescued my Cobra from obscurity at the back of the den. Like you - I'm really glad I did. In my case when I got it I don't think I had the experience to get the best out of it - frankly - I was scared of it. It gives me top end shaves these days. I suppose the most important thing was that we bought them when we could. They are the Fatboys and Slims of the future. cheers - I

I too recently rescued my Cobra from obscurity at the back of the den. Like you - I'm really glad I did. In my case when I got it I don't think I had the experience to get the best out of it - frankly - I was scared of it. It gives me top end shaves these days. I suppose the most important thing was that we bought them when we could. They are the Fatboys and Slims of the future. cheers - I

I had been eyeing one for some time. I had already been using the Feather AC razors...so already had the blades. When ES brought them to the UK...I joined the queue and got one. They are very efficient and I would prefer my Cobra any day over an R41....which really does scare me!

Evening gentlemen,
Well that was an awful shave!
I received the p+b bay rum soap in the post today, I will admit I was disappointed with the smell, but thought, I've bought it so I'm going to shave with it, it came across too clove smelling for me, but it did smell quite a lot nicer once I started lathering it. Now I made the first mistake, I thought p+b soaps are very thirsty, added too much water and ended up with a bowl full of substandard lather, in a rush so used it anyway, two passes later with many weepers I decided to give up. The blade was a first use Sputnik which I think was either very rough or......
Anyway, I'm now feeling quite sore.
Can't win them all as they say.:)
Fatip grande
Sputnik blade
P+b bay rum soap
Kent bk4 brush
Atkinson oud save the king.
IMAG0719_2.jpg

Tuesday 13th June 2017

SOTD 13th June.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: iKon X3 + Windrose Handle
Blade: Wilkinson Sword England (#8)
Brush: Vie Long Horse Hair
Cream: Palmolive
AS: Nivea cooling balm

Very smooth but not very close shave, either the Wilkinson Sword Blade is losing it's sharpness or I am still failing to get to the best out of the X3. No nicks, cuts or weepers and no irritation so not all bad.

Back
Top Bottom