S.O.T.D. Saturday 10th June to Friday 16th June 2017

Last night's caravan shave

Blues Goats Milk
Mason Pearson pure badger
Merkur 37c /Personna platinum(3)
DIY witch hazel/tea tree oil

Not a bad shave, although I think the blade has had it after three shaves. I've read that blades don't last very long in slant head razors?
The soap worked well, but I should have taken longer to whip it up, or possibly it's the different water here in Sussex.
I picked up some tea tree oil in Home Bargains for £2 and made my own scented witch hazel. It doesn't smell great but I felt the benefit of using it. I think I'll buy some lavender or peppermint oil next to experiment.

Looks like we picked a good week for a caravan break. The sun is shining and if the forecast can be believed it's here for a few days!
We may drive over to Portsmouth today for a look see.

Have a good day all.

Greetings All,

Tuesday shave.

One days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: Prorosa white pre-share
Soap: Arko
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge (1st use)
Brush: Molten Brown Shaving Brush

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, Proraso aftershave lotion (green) and Proraso post shave cream (white)

Another new blade today – Gillette 7 o'clock Sharp Edge. Nice smooth shave and, even with a new blade, it felt comfortable enough to have three passes + pick-ups – no irritation. Enjoyed the new blade let's see what the next couple of uses are like. Also, I like Arko soap very much.

image.jpg SOTD 13th June

Prep....Shower - Olive oil soap - BBA pre shave oil
Razor....Colonial Razors - Brass General
Blade....Feather Pro Super # 8
Soap....Stirling Autum Glory
Brush....Unknown Synth
Post....BBA post shave balm
Scent...Molecule 01

Great close shave from this combo, great soap, great balm, great balls of fire! :)

Hope you all have a wonderful day.......:)

Last edited:
Cheap shave Tuesdays [emoji16][emoji1]

c75d57b6ae5ff2e58c858aeeb66dc959.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tues 13th June

Vulfix 404 mixed
Vitos Super Red croap
Supply Single Edge -plate 3
NOS Schick Super Chrome coated [ 3 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Had a follow up shave with the Single Edge, having had my first decent one since I got it 20 odd shaves ago. Smooth , comfortable and acceptably close all round.

How did I do it ? After playing around with the feel of the blade on my bare face, I came to the conclusion that this Injector Razor, should be used more like a DE regards a suitable cutting angle. Whilst the Shave was pretty good all round, I found that employing this angle could lead to irritation of the skin if one tried to get too close a Shave.

IMG_1338.jpg

13/6/17

Pre Shave - RSC Facial Scrub
Soap - Palmolive
Brush - Omega 80265
Razor - Wilkinson Sword Classic DE
Blade - Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp Stainless (3)
Post Shave - Witch Hazel
After Shave - RSC Balm

The neglected Wilkinson Sword DE was dug out from the drawer and I used it for the first time in a very long time and I started using it and remembered how pleasing a shave it produced I was questioning why I had stopped using it for such a long time, then as per usual the razor started clogging up and I remembered that was why I hadn't used it for such a long time....

Tuesday

Preshave 3P cream
Vitos Green soap
Semogue SOC boar brush
Cobra Classic razor with a Feather Super Pro blade(#2)
Alum Block
Homemade Buttermix
L'Occitane Green Tea EDT

I can't really understand why the Cobra has been lying in the bottom of a drawer for years.....unused.
Almost BBS in two passes with a small touch up to finish the job. Great start to the day!
The Cobra is a fantastic razor. It would be one of the last one I sold, for sure.

Back
Top Bottom