S.O.T.D. Saturday 10th June to Friday 16th June 2017

Good Morning all,

Below is my shave reports from Saturday and Sunday……I didn't have time to post Saturday's shave as I out early with friends for a few drinks. I'll leave it there…..

First of all a massive thank you to @Wayne for sending me his (treasured) Stainless Steel Mongoose to try, you are a Gent!

I used Wayne's Mongoose on Saturday morning and liked the look and feel of razor but not the finished shave. I used the Kai Pro Guard but couldn't get a close shave, especially under the jawline. I had to use The General on the last pass. When I finished you could still see stubble underneath the skin, not good.
Also used the Fine Italian Citrus for the first time and it stung like a bitch! Really painful. The scent didn't last very long either. I finished off with Aqua Di Parma Assoluta.

I needed another shave yesterday (never a good sign for me) and wanted to try the Qshave Futur clone. I loaded the blade and it looked OK, equally from both sides. I started to shave and noticed the blade feel was very uneven. I reloaded the blade and it still looked out, looking from above. It wasn't until I looked from the side I noticed the problem. The blade wasn't sitting flat and looked more like a slant razor. I didn't want to mess around and taking it apart so chose another razor. I thought it best to give the Mongoose another go. Again I struggled to get a close shave and tried another razor, the ATT SE1. Even with this I just managed to get an ‘OK' shave but was left frustrated and pissed off.

@Wayne @Acer89
@Looney12345

Cheers
Rob

SOTD 20170612

EaqaGrX.jpg

Brush: J&T® black walnut / APShaveCo synthetic STF 26 mm.
Shaving soap: Jabones by Luna "Fauno".
Razor: iKon B1 DeLuxe with OSS handle.
Blade: 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (2).
After shave: Harkos® Bay Rum.

19120786_888007628018691_7563633507872800768_n.jpg

Brush: Omega 40033
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable
Blade: Polsilver SI (2)
Soap: Cella
Post: Thayers Rose, Aloe Vera Gel & Floid Mentolado Vigoroso

My face is feeling the effects of yesterdays aggressive (to me) shave. Setting 3 all the way today. A lovely shave was had, the Omega is quickly becoming my favourite boar, perfect size for a small tub like Cella. Lather was fantastic and the post was great as I come to expect. Nice bit of cooling from the Floid.

With my shaves I am changing how I pick my items, soaps staying the same Mon - Fri. With my razors and blade it is a 3 use cycle then swap and with my brushes its 3 in a rotation for the five days and change daily so they get a period to dry out thoroughly. Then at the weekend I change it before a new rotation on Monday. Also switched to cold water shaving for the last 9 days and I have very much enjoyed it.

Greetings All,

Monday shave.

Two days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: Prorosa white pre-share
Soap: Geo F Trumper Coconut Oil shaving cream sample
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Voskhod (4th use)
Brush: Molten Brown Shaving Brush

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, Proraso aftershave lotion (green) and Proraso post shave cream (white)

Fourth use of the Voskhod blade and still enjoy using it but towards the end I could feel it losing some of its keenness. However, still got three passes and ended up with a very smooth finish - NICE. Don't think I will risk a 5th use.

Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – Merkur 34C HD
Blade – Polsilver Super Iridium
Brush - 'Jade' (Rooney Heritage 2XL Jade)
Soap – Stirling - Scots Pine Sheep
Post - Cold water rinse, Chatillon Lux – Bon Vivant Post Shave Toner

By 'eck.. a cracking shave! I'd actually forgotten how good the Scots Pine Sheep really is.:)

Monday

3P preshave cream
Supermax Cream
Omega S10081 synthetic brush
Ming Shi 2000S razor
Treet Durasharp carbon steel blade (#2)
Alum Block
Aloe Vera gel
Jovan Black Musk AS

A day off work to sort out a few things round home. Work on my partners motorcycle. She hasnt been
using it so there is a lot to be done. Don't have to dress to impress...so a functional shave today.
Great results with the Ming Shi again. The Durasharps are incredibly sharp. I usually only ever use them twice as they
are cheap enough to discard quickly and I dont have to worry about rust forming on the blade.

Mon 12th June

Omega 11137 boar
Lea Classic Soap
Supply S/S Single Edge- 3* plate
NOS Schick Super Chrome coated [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Lea Classic A/S lotion

Now have had over 20 + shaves with the Single Edge, and never quite got the Shaving angle right. Had a play around on an unlathered cheek to see if I could work it out , and think I have it sorted.
After a cautious start and with short strokes, I had sufficient blade feedback to be optimistic that things were going right. By not rushing I am pleased to say not only was the shave smooth, but I actually attained a nice close all round Shave for the first time. To ensure that this is not a fluke I had better have a follow up Shave.

IMG_1337.jpg

Mon 12th June

Omega 11137 boar
Lea Classic Soap
Supply S/S Single Edge- 3* plate
NOS Schick Super Chrome coated [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Lea Classic A/S lotion

Now have had over 20 + shaves with the Single Edge, and never quite got the Shaving angle right. Had a play around on an unlathered cheek to see if I could work it out , and think I have it sorted.
After a cautious start and with short strokes, I had sufficient blade feedback to be optimistic that things were going right. By not rushing I am pleased to say not only was the shave smooth, but I actually attained a nice close all round Shave for the first time. To ensure that this is not a fluke I had better have a follow up Shave.

View attachment 25980
Love the look of your setup!

Monday AM 2017-06-12

Georgetown Pottery G12 Scuttle (Hamada and Persimmon)
Rooney 3/3 Ebony Finest #2 (26mm/67mm)
Penhaligon's English Fern shaving soap (tallow)
Feather AS-D2/Triad Titanium Blue Aristocrat
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' (3)
Penhaligon's English Fern aftershave (vintage)

The Penhaligon's EF aftershave's fragrance is actually just a bit too bright and sharp for me. I prefer a softer, darker tone like that of Houbigant's Fougère Royale.
QAv3tDI.jpg

Back
Top Bottom