S.O.T.D. Saturday 11th March to Friday 17th March 2017

SOTD: 3/17/17
IMG_5444_zpsb5czlkmc.jpg~original

Evening Chaps,

This is last nights shave, had issues with Photobucket....

Prep: Hot shower and L'Oreal charcoal face wash
Razor: Colonial General SE
Razor blade: Feather Pro PB-20
Brush: shavemac unique knot
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Soap: Wickhams Irish Fern

First time with the General SE (first time with any sort of SE razor and aluminum razor for that matter) and it's a thumbs up from me.

My last few shaves have been with the Brass Hone 15 so I was going from one extreme to another. I really liked the weight and feel of the General, so easy to handle and manoeuvre. The fit and finish is flawless. Very cool looking razor.

I'd read the Feathers can be rough the first couple of shaves but I didn't think it was to bad TBH. If they improve then I'm in for a treat.

The overall shave was pretty smooth, not as smooth as the Hone but a lot more efficient and closer. I'll be trying it with an ATT handle tomorrow. I know about not to over tighten the handle.

Second time using the Wickhams soap and I still struggled to get the lather to a consistency I was happy with, and yes I did load the brush a lot more. Apart from the consistency, the soap provided plenty of protection and slickness.

Cheers and enjoy your weekend.
Rob

Friday 17th March 2017

sotd 17 mar.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, Bulldog Face Wash and Proraso Red
Razor: Gillette TV Super Speed
Blade: Perma-Sharp Super (#3)
Brush: Vie Long Horse Hair
Cream: Proraso Blue
AS: Nivea Originals Balm

Another great shave today, Perma-Sharp blade worked well in the Super Speed, it is a great little razor. I don't use the Vie Long Horse Hair brush much but it worked a treat with Proraso Cream.

Back
Top Bottom