Gem Blade
Floid Blue AS

Merkur 34HD, Ri Mei Platinum
Hand-carved Beech 24mm 2-band Finest
Ingram
Homemade Menthol Pre/Post Shave Oil
Blue Stratos AS
Blue Stratos EdT

The Ri Mei started well enough but was a bit draggy and inefficient towards the end. Perhaps a two shave blade after all.

Gillette Pre Shave Wash
EJ 23mm Synthetic Silvertip
Carson's Apothecary Exotic Oud Cream
Gillette Black Beauty
Personna Blue
Baylis & Harding Noir Balm

Time to say to say goodbye to the Carson's so I gave it the honour of welcoming my new Black Beauty. Considering it was my first shave with this razor I jumped straight in at the deep end with a Personna Blue at 7 WTG and 5 ATG. I have previously found the Personna's too mild in a EJ DE89, but finally got a DFS out of one with two passes at last.

Sat 12th Sept.
Omega 11126
MWF
ER Streamline
Gem S/S [6]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
La Toja A/S

Needed quick dependable shave, so chose a Streamline. A bit draggy,as I realised i had not changed the blade. However the overall result was as usual with The Streamline very good. Out again Sunday, hope the weather holds as cover at the event.

P1100001.jpg

Sapone : Floris London JF
Pennello : Simpson M7 Manchurian
Rasoio : Sistrum 1919 6/8 Speciale per Parrucchiere
Strop : Paciccella
AS : Floris London JF
EDP : Floris London JF

image.php

image.php

Greetings

Sunday 13th September 2015
Prep: Shower
Razor: Ever Ready 1914 Little Lather Catcher
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon
Brush: Vie Long 2 Band
Cream: Nivea Mild
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDT: Grey Flannel

I came across this Nivea shaving cream in my local branch of Savers, I did not realise that Nivea marketed a shaving cream in the UK, I suspect it only has been quite recently. It lathers easily and does not collapse and has good slide/slip, it has (to my nose) no detectable scent at all, it is allegedly super skin friendly and costs £1.49. For those who may have problems with a reaction to many soaps and creams this is worth a try and if it does not work could easily be binned at that price!

Regards
Dick.

DSC06235.JPG

Sunday 13 September 2015

212043d1442145167-sun-september-13th-sat-september-20th-sotd-13092015.jpg

Mastro Livi CarboInox Snake, 8/8 Full Hollow, Snake Point

Shaving with this Mastro Livi CarboInox Snake Razor is always an incredible joy. Made from the well known Mastro Livi CarboInox Damascus, with its inlaid carbon damascus blue dots, the special and beautiful scales, it is a magnificent and elegant show. Not to mention how this snake razor shaves: very deep, super close, with its keen edge capable of giving the best and smoothest shave! I also wanted to use some of the shaving stuff I make at home: my pre-shave oil, my shaving soap and my beloved Bay Rum aftershave. I must say they make a superb job: the oil prepares the skin to receive the soap and razor, the soap provides a huge amount of super slicking, rich and creamy lather, the Bay Rum gives a beautifully refreshing and soothing touch with its caribbean fragrance of pimenta racemosa. What a great, luxurious and sumptous shave!​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: RazorGuy Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Omega Badger 63167
  • Bowl: Old Barber Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi CarboInox Snake, 8/8 Full Hollow, Snake Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: RazorGuy Bay Rum

... could yesterday's shave, my finest shave yet, be bettered?

IMG_1709.JPG

Bulldog Face Wash
Artisan Lemon Shaving Soap
Ever Ready 100T w/Muhle Silvertip Fibre
Ever Ready 1912 'Sun Ray' & Gem Damaskeene (2)
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Imperial Leather Aftershave & EDT

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & WTG (Slide)

Oh, what a joy! My favourite model, the 1912, as a special 'Sun Ray' design set from the 1930s with a blade from 100 years ago. Sheer heaven!

Ach Brito lime face wash
Shaver Heaven 'Mayan Musk'
Rod Neep Beehive 24mm badger
ATT R2 Kronos
Personna 'Barber' (1)
Alum, Thayers witch hazel

Easily hacked off several days growth, very smooth result [emoji3]

Back
Top Bottom