S.O.T.D - Saturday 13th September to Friday 19th September

Feather AC RG / ProGuard
Thäter 4125/1 2-band
Wickham Super Smooth
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Diptyque Tam Dao edt

I can't just able to pick up the Feather ACs and expect a good shave. At the same time, I'm not interested in dedicating the consecutive shaves to it I need to be proficient. Ho hum. Maybe the Mongoose will get me going again.

image.jpg

3rd outing with the Pal Injector

Best shave yet with the injector, had house to myself and took it nice and slow. Its a lovely razor to use, no nicks or irritation, but it just does not shave as close, for me anyway, as DE. Ideal for travelling or at the gym as it is fairly idiot proof :icon_razz:

Saturday

Pre SME
Edwin Jagger DE89 + Gillette Platinum #2
Semogue 1250
Men's Estoril Sports Line shaving cream
Old Spice ASL

Nice Portuguese cream. Very good, excellent price. This and Variante are the best low cost Portuguese creams, but from both i still prefer Variante.

rowlers said:
3rd outing with the Pal Injector

Best shave yet with the injector, had house to myself and took it nice and slow. Its a lovely razor to use, no nicks or irritation, but it just does not shave as close, for me anyway, as DE.

Hi there,

You're right about the injector just not leaving your face as smooth. It's a drawback that's happened to me also, when using certain razors or blades. The Pal injectors I tried were all like that.

I would bet that if you tried a Schick injector with some Chinese Schick blades the shave would end with smoother results. I just hate seeing you stop where you are and not give the injector method more of a chance. I am here to say that some set ups are as effective as a DE. It can take a while to find those.

Anyway, it all depends on how motivated you are. Even now, having a good travel option puts you ahead of the game.

Pre: Proraso green pre-shave cream (all gone now)
Soap: TikiBar "Spice Islands"
Brush: M&F L7 Coral 2-band
Razor 1: Peter Hahn 3/8 "Little Buddy"
Razor 2: Ikon Deluxe open-comb
Blade: Rapira Swedish steel (1)

Finished the Proraso tub. Only lasted about 9 months. This little "Peter Hahn" straight has a VERY keen edge on it (Thanks Rob!), I nicked myself twice under my nose with the tip and hardly felt it.
IMG_20140913_144407.jpg

Cold water splash
Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol
Shavemac 177 Silvertip
Gillette Contour / Slalom cart
Myrsol Emulsion
Borsari Acqua Classica EDC

Quick 2-pass cart shave as in the middle of a house move.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

1964 rebranded Macys silvertip puffball
'Webly'/ Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
XPEC unscented SC laced with lots of vintage Xeryus EdT
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
no EdT

Great blade from 1969.....one of my favorites. Perfect razor. The XPEC performed as usual, although I think all the added fragrance affects the lather volume a small bit. Still, it's a good trade off and this was a really pleasant shave.

BBS results,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom