Homemade PSO
T&H 1805 cream
Omega 10098
Merkur 39c
Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Alum, witch hazel
Pinaud Clubman
RSC balm/Clubman 50:50 mix

Nice long shower and 3 pass shave for a Saturday night. Just wish I was going out out rather than going to work!

Saturday

Evening, gents.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Tesco own-brand (1)
Brush: Kabuki Bamboo
Shave soap: South Sea Spray Super Smooth
Aftershave: Yellow Ginger
Cologne: Rive Gauche Intense

Hassle-free BBS

Prep - Pears Soap
Razor - EJ DE89
Blade - Big Ben
Brush - Grovesnor
Cream - Truefitt & Hill No.10
Aftershave Balm - Truefitt & Hill No.10
Cologne - Lapidus (just a smattering....An 80's powerhouse - strong stuff!)

Great shave and my first time with a T&H cream. Incredibly slick and cushioning though I'm not overly keen on the scent - strong olive oil smell. To be fair it does mellow a bit once it's lathered up and isn't unpleasant or anything. But the quality of lather more than makes up for it. Three good passes and probably enough on the brush for a couple more.

One thing that wasn't new for me was the Big Ben blade - one of my go to blades when I want a guaranteed great shave.

dodgy said:
rowlers said:
3rd outing with the Pal Injector

Best shave yet with the injector, had house to myself and took it nice and slow. Its a lovely razor to use, no nicks or irritation, but it just does not shave as close, for me anyway, as DE.

Hi there,

You're right about the injector just not leaving your face as smooth. It's a drawback that's happened to me also, when using certain razors or blades. The Pal injectors I tried were all like that.

I would bet that if you tried a Schick injector with some Chinese Schick blades the shave would end with smoother results. I just hate seeing you stop where you are and not give the injector method more of a chance. I am here to say that some set ups are as effective as a DE. It can take a while to find those.

Anyway, it all depends on how motivated you are. Even now, having a good travel option puts you ahead of the game.
I like trying new razors and will most certainly try another injector, I might even get some schick blades to compare.
Its a journey....

Shave plan 9/14...

15044130159_aece56dd69_c.jpg

Michael Waterhouse custom 7/8
Kanayama cordovan #8000
Bill Jack Le Tuft two band in Lignum vitae
L'Occitane cade soap
Alum & Witch Hazel
TFS Bergamot & Neroli balm
Kiehl's Musk Original blend No1 Edt.​

Greetings

Sunday 14th September 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: Treet Baton handle
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Semogue 1800 Boar
Soap: La Toja Stick Grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDT: CK Obsession

Regards
Dick.
IMG_0661.JPG

Sunday September 14, 2014

Sunday September 14, 2014

179113d1410696941-sun-september-14th-sat-september-20th-sotd-14092014.jpg

Mastro Livi Damasteel Kamisori

The pleasure of shaving with this Mastro Livi kamisori is always immense. It is also true I like Damasteel very much, not only for the beautiful patterns they make, but also for the deep and efficient shave it can give. As a matter of fact, all of the Mastro Livi straight razors I have made from Damasteel give a very deep shave and maybe this kamisori is the one giving the deepest of them all. I also love the handle: the beautiful bluish patterns and shades of the abalone are absolutely charming and enchanting to see, moreover, being that big, it improves the grip quite a lot. Magnificent shaver, excellent result!​

• Pre-Shave: Myrsol Emulsión
  • Soap: Tcheon Fung Sing Blue Tub
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Silvertip Badger Brush - 26mm knot
  • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Loom Strop and Hand Palm Stropping
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Kamisori, 13/16 French Point, Hakapella Damasteel, Abalone Handle
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Myrsol Agua de Limón

Sunday 14th September

SOTD14914_zpseb4f3ce0.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
B&M Bay Rum bowl lathered
Finest Badger brush made by myself
Gillette Tech (Fat handle, flat bottom guard plate)
Sputnik (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
DR Harris Bay Rum aftershave

Prep: Village Barber Oil
Soap: Stirling Orange Chill
Brush: Simpsons P8
Razor: Weber DLC/UFO Red Bronze Goliath XL

A wonderful refreshing smooth shave.

Cold Water
Prep Pre Shave Creme
MWF
Semogue BC Mistura
Gem 1912 Damaskeene
Gem PTFE
Osage Rub

Nice shave, I've decided to stick to MWF for the foreseeable future. Great menthol/eucalyptus blast from the Osage Rub.

Back
Top Bottom