Prep: Hot shower
Pre: S.M.Novella pre-shave cream
Soap: Tabac
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Brush: Muhle 23mm Kosmo synthetic
Razor: ATT SE1 + Bamboo handle
Blade: Feather Pro Super (1)
After: WH, Tabac AS, Tabac ASB

After being beaten up by this SE1 razor before, I approached today's new blade with some trepidation. This time I'd palm-stropped the blade four or five times before loading it. I don't know if that made anymuch difference but I managed the shave without incident or accident. In fact, a nice irritation-free result.
My Tabac soap is beginning to doughnut so I might just keep using it until it's empty and free up some space in my bathroom manbinet.

Have a great weekend, folks.

7f1d0ab6-e032-4cf3-9dd2-94b266bb2ffd_zpsanfpp5wu.jpg

Have you tried the Kai mild pink blades, I just received my SE1 last week and the milds are the only artist club type I've used thus far. The shaves have been smooth and fuss free, I'll get round to trying the feathers to see how they perform but I'm liking the Kai milds.

Have you tried the Kai mild pink blades, I just received my SE1 last week and the milds are the only artist club type I've used thus far. The shaves have been smooth and fuss free, I'll get round to trying the feathers to see how they perform but I'm liking the Kai milds.
No, not yet, Pat. I've tried regular Kai "Captain" blades and Feather Pro Super both of which I found scratchy. I have some Feather Pro blades to pick up which I think will be better suited. If they don't work well I might have to give up on the SE1. It's still early days so I'll need more practice with it before I decide. Today's shave wasn't bad at all.

No, not yet, Pat. I've tried regular Kai "Captain" blades and Feather Pro Super both of which I found scratchy. I have some Feather Pro blades to pick up which I think will be better suited. If they don't work well I might have to give up on the SE1. It's still early days so I'll need more practice with it before I decide. Today's shave wasn't bad at all.

Hope the feather pro works out better for you Mike, good luck.

:)
+ 1 on the Semogue 1438,Muhle R89 & Ladas Super Stainless blades..they are all excellent products,which perform superbly,and match up to any of the higher-priced shaving products imho.Regards.

I am pretty new to DE shaving so all this was bought on recommendation from forum members. It has all worked out to be pretty good advice so far

589b16dbd804720b157df1fd5c1232cb.jpg

SOTD: 1/19/2017 - "Finesse"

Pre: Hot shower
Soap: Martin de Candre Classic
Brush: Brushguy "Noah" 3-band Silvertip
Razor: Rockwell Razors 6S (R4 plate) w/ Personna Lab Blue (3)
Post: Soap Commander Aftershave Balm & Brut Dominant splash

A superb setup while I shot my video last night. Check out "15 Head Shaving Tips & Tricks" at http://thecleanshaver.com.

Be smooth and shave it up, everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri 20th Jan

Omega s10065 Synthetic
De Vergulde hand
General SE & S/S handle
Kai Titan Mild [ 10 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tuff green A/S lotion

On my Tenth Shave with the General, and now got my technique with this light razor sorted , decided to be bit adventurous, and give it a bit of weight by adding a S/S handle.

While not as elegant as the original handle. I rather enjoyed using the Razor with the added weight. The shave was not only smooth and comfortable , but also nice and close all round. Having got used to this Razor, am finding
that the shaves are not only close, but also long lasting.

IMG_0014.jpg

Friday 20th January 2017
SOTD 20th Jan.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower, Bulldog Face Wash and Proraso Red
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Personna Super Lab Blue (#2)
Brush: Plisson Badger
Cream: Speick Men
AS: Lucido

Fantastic shave today, the lab blue in the piccolo was great so close and smooth, I am sitting typing this 12 hours after I shaved and normally I can feel much more "shadow" by this time but not today. Today was a DE shave on par with the SE shaves I have been getting from an injector or with Artist Club blade SE razors.

So that's Lab Blues added to my shopping list, I only had a pack of 5 so I will definitely be getting more of these blades.

Back
Top Bottom