S.O.T.D Saturday 14th October - Friday 20th October 2017

untitled%201%20of%201-36_zpsnjdqklpy.jpg

A foggy morning here in Northern California.
TIMELESS BRONZE :: EL DRUIDA :: CRSW :: B&M RESERVE CLASSIC AS

SOTD: 181017
SOTD 181017 3.jpg
Blade: Gem SS #3
Razor: Gem Clog Pruf
Soap: Reef Point Espresso
Brush: Epsilon Horse Hair
EDT: A*Men Intense Coffee

First use this afternoon with the Espresso soap and my first time I have ever used A horse hair brush.
I soaked my recent acquisition for a good 15 mins while I took a shower.
What an amazing treat I was in for. The brush really worked far beyond my expectations. Face lathering with the painting technique the brush was super soft. Swirling the brush gave me a little bit of scratch but I really liked it. very stimulating on the face. This brush will only get better with time.

Soap has a wonderful coffee filled scent and the cushion was incredible. Great slickness and post shave feel.

The razor and blade combo left me with a lovely BBS shave after 3 passes without any irritation. Super smooth.

The Lea Balm was gifted to me when I bought this brush, it left my face feeling a little sticky but I do think I applied it too early after the Witch Hazel.
I will leave the Thayers out for my next shave.

Really pleased with the overall shave and enjoy yours gentlemen. :)

Evening shave.

Nivea Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil.
Valobra Soap Stick.
Semogue 1305.
The General in Brass.
Proline P-30 (1).
Thayers Witch Hazel (cucumber).
Proraso Aftershave.
Aloe Vera Gel.

My very own brass General at last thanks to a stress free transaction with a true gent, @mpf9ret. Cheers Mike. The General was just as I remembered it from a pass around. Superb! Two exceptionally smooth passes plus minor pick ups for BB smooth. So how does it compare to the Cobra I have been using for recent shaves? Well, the Cobra left absolutely nothing to pick up after two passes. But the General is, in my opinion, smoother. It will be interesting to see how the Feather Pro performs in the General. In short, these are two superb razors. The only downside is that I suppose Iain aka @Digimonkey will want his Cobra back at some point. How unreasonable is that? First use of a Valobra Stick. Top notch lather. So I am one very happy chap. Have a good evening gents.

Last edited:
20171018_152402-jpg.19119

Prep: Hot shower and Loreal Charcoal face wash
Razor: ER 1912
Razor blade: GEM Personna (5)
Brush: Thater 4125/3 (2 Band)
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Cream: Truefitt and Hill Apsley

Very good shave with the ever dependable 1912.
I gave the T&H Apsley another go. I did put it up for sale after one use but I'm glad I kept hold of it. The scent has grown on me and the cream is a step up from Grafton.

Date: 19 October 2017

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm
Lather: - Wholly Kaw - Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli Limited Edition (tallow) Donkey Milk 2x
Bowl: - Captain's Choice Cobalt
Razor: - Muhle R41 v2013 with the iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Super Max Blue Diamond Platinum Coated #2
Post: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Bulldog Original Moisturiser
Fragrance: - YSL L'Homme

Today's SOTD. [emoji41]

e0bd3e4e2963a4ef34b588310b252185.jpg

Autumn has finally taken hold and the season change is in full force. I spent a fair bit of the day outside and needed warming up when I got in.

I used a Voskhod blade in the PAA slant and think I've finally hit the sweet spot with this razor. [emoji846]

Shavemac TSR 2016 LE brush
PAA Alpha Ecliptic slant
Tiki Pumpkin Lager
L'Occitane Cade AS Balm & Pre-Shave Oil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today's SOTD. [emoji41]

e0bd3e4e2963a4ef34b588310b252185.jpg

Autumn has finally taken hold and the season change is in full force. I spent a fair bit of the day outside and needed warming up when I got in.

I used a Voskhod blade in the PAA slant and think I've finally hit the sweet spot with this razor. [emoji846]

Shavemac TSR 2016 LE brush
PAA Alpha Ecliptic slant
Tiki Pumpkin Lager
L'Occitane Cade AS Balm & Pre-Shave Oil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congratulations on a beautiful set up. :)

Back
Top Bottom