SOTD 14OCT17.JPG
#SOTD 14OCT17
Gillette Aristocrat #15
GSB (1)
Wolf Whiskers Bishop
Barrister and Mann Reserve Lavender
Thayers' Lemon
Caldey Island Lavender

Beautiful, pure lavender scent from the soap and its inspiration (Caldey Island Lavender EdT). Looking forward to the release of the Reserve Lavender splash. Frugal shaves makes the really cool "razor blade" drawer, it has 4 compartments and it's kinda like a filing cabinet.

View attachment 30030
#SOTD 14OCT17
Gillette Aristocrat #15
GSB (1)
Wolf Whiskers Bishop
Barrister and Mann Reserve Lavender
Thayers' Lemon
Caldey Island Lavender

Beautiful, pure lavender scent from the soap and its inspiration (Caldey Island Lavender EdT). Looking forward to the release of the Reserve Lavender splash. Frugal shaves makes the really cool "razor blade" drawer, it has 4 compartments and it's kinda like a filing cabinet.

Yon Aristocrat is gorgeous!

My own rasp of the day:

Gillette Tech on RH Custom Stainless Handle
Gillette Platinum
Hand-carved Ash Barbershop Pure Bristle
Arko
Vintage Shulton Old Spice AS
Vitabiotics Wellman Daily Moisturiser

I don't care what some folk think of Arko: I love the stuff! These Gillette blades are fantastic too and this shave was also a timely reminder that all I really need in a shaving brush is the large Omega boar knot as it's such amazing value, tears up soap, has great flow through, beautifully split tips, proper backbone and is virtually bombproof. If it was all the knot/brush I could afford or get access to, I'd be perfectly happy.

Date: 15 October 2017

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - RazoRock Plissoft "BEEHIVE" Synth. 28/63mm knot
Lather: - Wholly Kaw - Jamestown Gentleman Special Edition (tallow) Donkey Milk 5x
Razor: - Muhle R41 v2013 with the iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Gillette 7 O'Clock Green Super Stainless #5
Post: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Bulldog Sensitive Moisturiser
Fragrance: - Hugo Boss (Original)

Greetings,
  • Gillette New on iKon SE
  • Feather New Hi-Stainless
  • Maseto Silvertip 30mm
  • Turtle Ship "Te Java"
  • Gillette Nivea 2 in 1 + 444
NnD7J0O.jpg

Last edited:
image.jpg ~SOTD~ Sunday 15th October

Prep ~ Shower ~ Birch Tar Soap
Razor ~ Gibbs Adjustable No17 set to 5
Blade ~ Polsilver Stainless (Lodz Poland)
Soap ~ SV Manna Di Sicilia
Scuttle ~ Giles Shaving Co
Brush ~ Fine Stout N Stubby
Post ~ BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent ~ Penhaligon's Sartorial

A superb Sunday shave.

Have a superb Sunday.....:)

Last edited:
SOTD

Day three of this cold decided to go back old school to see if I could find the love
Great shave but cold still clouded the pleasure zone

Pre shave hot towel
Soap Truefitt & Hill 1805 bowl lathered
Brush Yaqi Synth
Every Ready 1912 ( English Made )
Freshly shimmed Gem single edge blade
Alum and cold water rinse
Nivea post shave balm
Truefitt & Hill Grafton cologne to finish

image.jpeg

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: C.R. Salter PB Travel
Soap: D.R. Harris Lavender Stick
Razor: PAA Alpha Ecliptic Slant
Blade: Vintage Gillette Platinum Plus
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, Vitamin E Oil, Cella Eau De Lavande
IMG_20171015_092505.jpg

Many thanks to @Miles853 for gifting me this great little brush and shave stick, when I bought this weird looking razor from him.
Up close it's a frightening looking razor, yawning blade gap, lots of exposure and unprotected corners. Ah well, here we go...
That was not a pleasant way to spend a Sunday morning. Each hair felt like it was being plucked out and after a couple of nicks, one on my left cheek (from the corner of the blade I think), I threw the towel in and sent for the cavalry.
I reached for the WS Sticky, easy blade change, or so I thought. I couldn't get the blade out of the bakelite monstrosity.
Stuck a Treet BB in the Sticky and finished off.
I hope the day improves.

Last edited:
SOTD: 15th October 2017.
B2.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien~ Green Kick Shower Gel & Shampoo.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.
Brush: .

Bowl Lather.

Cream : Dove Men + .

Blade: treet ~ Carbon Steel . (2)

Razor: Sharpy England HD. .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Lemon+Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture. /Alcolado Glacial ~ Mentholated Splash Lotion.

Aloe Vera Gel .

Oud Isphahan ~ EDP.

Greetings,

A relaxing non-aggressive 3 pass sunday shave with no errors to report.

The sharpy HD is a wonderful mild,but efficient razor, which paired up with the Treet Carbon blade very nicely, another successful duo.

Finishing the shave off with a splash of Alcolado Glacial ~ Mentholated Splash Lotion and some generous squirts of Oud Isphahan ~ EDP...A wonderful menthol & spice kick wake me up!

My face is feeling very cool & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Morning shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil.
NSS Lemon, Basil, and Mandarin.
SOC Boar.
Little Wren Pottery.
Cobra (on loan).
Schick Proline P-30 (2).
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented).
OSP Lemon & Cedarwood Aftershave Tonic.
Aloe Vera Gel.
Dior Eau Sauvage EDT.

Another remarkably efficient two pass shave with the Cobra. The promise of some sunshine and warmth in London tempted me in to my soap/aftershave/EDT combo. Where's the sun? Have a great day gents.

erx5IPSI_o.jpeg

Shavemac Americana D01 Silvertip
Gillette Rocket HD
Personna Super (2)
D'Ardenne, Short & Bell Kyoto
Thayers Rose, Issey Miyake L'eau D'Issey Pour Homme Balm & EDT

After a few weepers on Friday I had a day off from shaving so today I used my favourite things for a fantastic Sunday shave. My first use of the Rocket that I sold to and bought back from @Benz3ne, I don't know what he did to it but it was as smooth as butter. Better shaver than I remembered. The Shavemac and Kyoto is a perfect match, enough lather to sink a ship. I love the Issey Miyake too, looking forward to going to Cardiff soon to have sniff and the fragrances to get some ideas for hints to drop for Christmas.

I enjoyed the shave and it felt good to get two days worth of stubble off, the break was nice but I can't see it becoming a thing, I enjoy my daily shaves and am generally trouble free. The blade didn't work in the Parker but it was perfect in the Rocket.

erx5IPSI_o.jpeg

Shavemac Americana D01 Silvertip
Gillette Rocket HD
Personna Super (2)
D'Ardenne, Short & Bell Kyoto
Thayers Rose, Issey Miyake L'eau D'Issey Pour Homme Balm & EDT

After a few weepers on Friday I had a day off from shaving so today I used my favourite things for a fantastic Sunday shave. My first use of the Rocket that I sold to and bought back from @Benz3ne, I don't know what he did to it but it was as smooth as butter. Better shaver than I remembered. The Shavemac and Kyoto is a perfect match, enough lather to sink a ship. I love the Issey Miyake too, looking forward to going to Cardiff soon to have sniff and the fragrances to get some ideas for hints to drop for Christmas.

I enjoyed the shave and it felt good to get two days worth of stubble off, the break was nice but I can't see it becoming a thing, I enjoy my daily shaves and am generally trouble free. The blade didn't work in the Parker but it was perfect in the Rocket.
I've done nothing! :D just gave it a quick clean around the edges! :)

Back
Top Bottom