S.O.T.D. Saturday 16th July to Friday 22nd July 2016

Blademonkey,
I really like the Timeless. The craftmanship is top level and I am getting efficent shaves from it in a row. The shave is extremly close and there is a certain amount of blade feel present any time. The closest I can compare it with is actually the Blackbird which is a a nuance more agressive and a great razor too. At the moment I am using a KAI blade I personally rate relative mild and which IMO couples good together with the TR. Still there is some way to go and a learning curve to follow. There is not much differecne between the OC and SB model from my point of view, I would rate the SB minimal less direct in feel perhaps. On the other hand handle weight and length are a true parameter. Using the OC with the 100 mm Windrose T-1 handle instead of the Timeless 1 handle for sure maked this razor even more direct and feelable a step more agressive.

All in all I think Timeless did a great job with this razor.

Best Regards
Marco
Thankyou very much for your comprehensive reply, I feel I may buy this despite the exchange rate and duties.

Prep - Woods Of Windsor Cedar Woods soap / Pre-lather / 3 min steam
Razor - Gillette Fatboy
Blade - Perma-Sharp Super (#1)
Brush - Shavemac Raptor 26/52 DO1 3 Band Bulb
Soap - The Deal Maker
After - Pinaud Clubman A/S
Result - Dolphin Smooth

If Dior themselves made a Fahrenheit soap, it wouldn't smell as close as this is. Anyone who knows me, knows that Fahrenheit is my favourite fragrance, I doubt anything will ever beat it. This is it exactly, a perfect clone.
If anything, the scent gets more powerful when it's lathered, and the lather is truly up there with the best, as is the post shave feel. An epic product!

If that's your back garden, you are a lucky fucker
If you travelled there to get that photo you are a committed fucker
If you faked that background you are a clever fucker
Either way, I envy your style my friend!;)

e91ff7733c6c5ed45bf24616236178fd.jpg

Tidying up the den tonight pre shave and TOBS Jermyn St caught my eye.

TOBS Jermyn St Cream
Brad Sears 26mm Cocobolo S7 Finest
Cobra Classic
Kai Captain Mild (4)
Floïd Blue

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Blackland Blackbird & PolSilver
Stirling Finest
Esbjerg Sensitive
Aqua Velva

jKxswNd.jpg

Best DE razor I've tried or owned in 12 years of wet shaving.

I am literally speechless on its performance and feel so lucky I did not resist the impulse to buy it 2 weeks back.

Generally heavy but with good balance (i.e. not like a Rocnel), hard to exceed robustness, easy on the angle of approach, zero irritation given all the usual but also unforeseen parameters, and non-negotiable effectiveness. Truly stunning performance.

5HmvZmL.jpg

fG636yr.jpg

M7FXhsL.jpg

sXFOXav.jpg

O5cuqZx.jpg

vLezhVZ.jpg

OK...late evening shave...I shaved this morning too, but needed to trim for a do...

However, I've added a subtle twist to the photo...so subtle in fact that it's perhaps too insignificant for anyone to notice...Yup...you got it: TWO DIFFERENT MYRSOL's IN THE SAME SHAVE!! Wow, I've been buzzing to tell ya'll about it!

shave.jpg

OK...I had to use photoshop, but you gotta admit it looks almost real?

(Pickled eggs curtesy of Lidl, prices may go up or down based on market performance)

Last edited:
If that's your back garden, you are a lucky fucker
If you travelled there to get that photo you are a committed fucker
If you faked that background you are a clever fucker
Either way, I envy your style my friend!;)

Five minute walk for me, no fakery needed! The heat today I'm afraid to say was just a bit much for me. It doesn't seem it but at that location, there's rarely even as much as a breeze. Thanks for your comment, I really appreciate it.

OK, I admit it's really cool and I am a little envious...you seem to have far more coloured pens than I do!:cool:
(Oh, and your razor is pretty nice too:D)
Thanks for the good words, not many pens though. The coloured ones are pencils (Faber-Castell 'Polychromos' line).
But on the other hand, yes, nice pens, pencils, etc. are important; everything is chosen carefully...

Thanks for the good words, not many pens though. The coloured ones are pencils (Faber-Castell 'Polychromos' line).
But on the other hand, yes, nice pens, pencils, etc. are important; everything is chosen carefully...

Ooooooerrrr...Faber Castell PENCILS...so I called them pens, i suppose that makes me a heathen? I have some nice writing pencil type stuff too, and biros. i got this one that's like a biro but spurts ink from a pointy bit at the end and its called something like a Monty Blonko...that sound right to you? I have another that I thought was a razor 'cos it's called a Parker Duofold...thought that meant it had 2 blades. If I knew as much about pens as I do about wet shaving i might one day be able to write my full name in joined up writing and everything.;)

Cool pics Architect!

Last edited:
Thankyou very much for your comprehensive reply, I feel I may buy this despite the exchange rate and duties.

Beside the OC and the SB Timeless offers also an " in between" option they call Scalloped Head which is nice looking too. In addition to this there are various opions from other members in the Timeless OC thread over in the DE razor section. For sure a good read to prepare a possible buy.

Best Regards
Marco

Beside the OC and the SB Timeless offers also an " in between" option they call Scalloped Head which is nice looking too. In addition to this there are various opions from other members in the Timeless OC thread over in the DE razor section. For sure a good read to prepare a possible buy.

Best Regards
Marco
Thankyou Marco.

Back
Top Bottom