S.O.T.D. Saturday 16th July to Friday 22nd July 2016

Good morning,

Above The Tie Bamboo & Feather Artist Pro
Simpsons Captain 2 faux ebony marble in Manchurian
Wickham Soap Co. 'Southsea Spray'
Aqua Velva
Nivea

qkRC3lc.jpg

First ever SE shave with newly acquired USA Ever Ready 1912...(c. 1930 I think)

Prorasso white pre-shave and shave soap
Razorock Plissoft
Prorasso Green splash (my favourite AS lotion of all time)
GFT Lime Skin Food (My favourite AS balm of all time)
SOTD.jpg
Overall, I was very surprised...only 2 passes needed and the second of these was more picking up a few areas. I did nick myself in a couple of sensitive areas, but not bad. A little more aggressive than my DE razors, but I will definitely use again...and may look into some other SE razors.

DSC_0348_zpsjzaua3c0.jpg

Three Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Thiers - Issard 7/8th
Hans Baier Silver Tip
Haslinger Tallow Soap
Logona Mann Bio Balm

I had a Lovely Shave this Morning with My Thiers 7/8th..My 1st SR Shave for Over a Week because I was Playing with a Classic Cobra SE that I got to Try on a Pass Around...This is a Modern SR & it Shaves Ever so Close but it Sure is Different to a Vintage SR..I had a Real Corker of a Shave this Morning..;)

I am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

Tuesday 19th July 2016.
IMG_20160718_144752.jpg My shave today, i've used my first DE shaving kit..3 months in now and really enjoying the experience.
  • My shaving recipe of the day.

• tepid warm shower: wrights coal tar body soap/ dove face & hair shower gel.
  • Razor:Wilkinson Sword (classic)
  • Blade: Wilkinson sword (original)(new)
  • Brush: Wilkinson Sword (finest bristle)
  • soap: Wilkinson Sword soap bowl(blue) +6 drops of glycerin in mixing bowl.
  • Witch Hazel.
  • A/S .Old Spice (original)
  • The only additional items are the witch hazel and the Glycerin drops, since i've started using witch hazel my skin has been in such wonderful condition,adding to that i normally struggle to get a good lather with wilkinson's soap bowl, but with the Glycerin, it lather's brilliantly,and adding a extra slickness ,plus it doesnt dry out my face..all in all, a wonderful BBS shave..it just goes to show you don't have to spend a fortune to achieve a good shave..have a wonderful day.;)

Last edited:
Tues 19th July

Omega 11126
OSP Bay Rum
PAL Injecto-matic
Schick Single [ 4- Japan]
Duru Lemon Splash
Myrsol Antesol A/S Lotion

Hot For Shaving -but has to be done.
Usual good shave with this Razor. Was so hot yesterday that my skin this morning was feeling a bit dry, so dispensed with
usual Alum Rub/rinse Off. Remembered that I had Duru Lemon sample , so splashed it on , face tingled a bit but felt good.
Later, put on some After Shave. Not sure whether did this the right way round, but am going to order some of this splash stuff.

IMG_0754.jpg

Last edited:
Hot shower
Pre shave bloom water
Saponifico verasino 70th soap (last shave from the sample 11 in total!)
L'Occtaine Plisson brush as my TSR 2016 brush is having a day of hard earned rest!
kai captain razor loaded with feather pro light for my cheeks, neck and jaw (slowly getting there)
ATT S1 loaded with Polsilver iridium blade (4th outing)
Thayers tonic
Myrsol emulsion for afters

Another great shave. I find the Polsilver a great match for my S1 even after 4 shaves.

Back
Top Bottom